SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I just took delivery of my 98 C70 coupe with 96000 miles. I have a few questions if you dont mind helping

1- In the passenger side of the trunk is a narrow plastic tray with straps coming out of the wall. What went or goes there?

2- Is there supposed to be a plastic cover on the metal loop that hangs the seatbelt on the pillar? It just looks odd not covered.

3- My rearview mirror is fogged on the inside. Is that a common problem?

4- It came with two 3 disc cartridges. Is that normal?

Thanks and I look forward to being active on this forum.

Gary

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
1 - No idea, mine is just carpeted there. Might be a coupe thing for the road hazard triangle or something.
2 - Not sure on the coupe but probably. Probably was a snap on cover that got broken.
3 - Yes, it's probably fogged from an auto-dimmer failure. replace mirror.
4 - Not normal, probably an owner option.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome aboard, Gary

1- Mine 98 coupe has that too. No idea what its for but I use it to keep a roll of paper towels and window cleaner there.
2- There is a plastic cover that goes over the metal loop. You can get it from your Volvo Parts guy for around 10 bucks.
3- Bad mirror, always available on ebay.
4- Mine came with one, but haven't used it quite a while.

What color is your coupe? HPT or LPT? I'm up north of Atlanta, not many coupes here.

·
Registered
94 Posts
1- Tool kit containing spark plug tool, vice grips, various screw drivers, gloves and 10mm wrench or a first aid kit was also an option but the tool kit was standard.
2- Yes a plastic cover clips on
3- Auto dimmer failure
4- Previous owner bought an extra one

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard, Gary

What color is your coupe? HPT or LPT? I'm up north of Atlanta, not many coupes here.
Silver HPT. I had to go to South Florida to get it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
1- Tool kit containing spark plug tool, vice grips, various screw drivers, gloves and 10mm wrench or a first aid kit was also an option but the tool kit was standard.
2- Yes a plastic cover clips on
3- Auto dimmer failure
4- Previous owner bought an extra one
Gary I have one in my car if you're interested in seeing a picture of what the tool kit looks like. The accessory manual for the P80 S/V/C70 has a picture of the first aid kit.

And my car came with three 3 CD cartridges. lol!

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gary I have one in my car if you're interested in seeing a picture of what the tool kit looks like. The accessory manual for the P80 S/V/C70 has a picture of the first aid kit.

And my car came with three 3 CD cartridges. lol!
Please. My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Purchased my 1998 C70 coupe 2.3HPT in 2010, 24k miles. Came with 2 3CD changers, jack & leather tool kit. Replaced 2 rims, curb rash; ignition switch and drivers door regulator this month.
Replaced original spark plugs, coil, distributor and rotor this year, only 98s have these. Replaced my broken tilt wheel lever also. Be real careful purchasing any used parts for a 98 as alot of things are listed as 1998 -2002 appicable but 98s have peculiar parts. 1999-2002 are the same. Some parts are interchangeable others are not. Always get good pictures off e-bay like sites.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts