SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently got myself a newer car, and instantly fell in love with the S60 as soon as I saw it. Its in fairy good condition minus a few aesthetic problems. Its at a little over 93k, and over the last couple days I've noticed some engine stutter at about 2 - 3k rpm in 1st and 2nd gear. Then it sputtered and died in an intersection, twice, today. I've been doing some digging and whittled it down to the MAF either being dirty or an air leak somewhere between that and the throttle body.

Any help on how to clean/replace the MAF or TB would be greatly appreciated. Or If i'm completely missing the mark all together, lol.

I'm really not as experienced as I'd like to be, and i'm new to volvo. But I'm in love with this car and I want to learn as much as I can about it so I can maintain it mostly on my own.

I'll post pics of the error codes its spitting, and a pic of the car, just because. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Bump. Got some MAF cleaner, and throttle body cleaner for later on. Hopefully cleaning the mass airflow sensor will fix some of the issues.

Also, still looking for a way to fix the small gap I found between the airbox and tube leading into it from the front if the car..

Oh! And every thread I can find on removing and cleaning the MAF is riddled with dead links, and every video I could find is with A different airbox configuration. So any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Just a suggestion: Your posting in the non-R forum... there is a whole R "only" forum where R owners can/will/do help with things like this. Not to say the non-R guys won't help, just some of the things are specific only to the R. This case would seem to not be R specific.

I will let others with more direct experience with this issue comment... but be sure you don't have any old cracked vacuum likes leaking or disconnected; and the hose clamps from the MAF to turbo inlet/turbo to intercooler/intercooler to throttle body are not cracked or clamps loose.

As a new owner, depending on how much maintenance history on the caR you have, best to do a full Stage 0 process so you have a baseline. A key item here is timing belt/CB tensioner/water pump. OEM says around 80-85k miles they should be replaced (water pump only because your already that far into it; some say leave water pump alone if it's not leaking, or loose bearing... dealers choice).

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fantastic, thank you! Not sure how I managed to miss the R forum. I'll take a look at the hoses/clamps in question.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts