SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - first time Volvo owner coming from a long line of VW/Audi ownership. One of the first orders of business is to get a set of winter wheels and tires, and I've got some fitment questions.

• My car is an '18 S90 T6 Inscription with OEM 20" wheels. Are there any 17" fitment options or are the brakes too big? If so, any OEM vehicles that I can uase as a basis for searching? (as in, if I see wheels for a Volvo XXX on Craigslist I'd know they would fit) From what I can gather from Tirerack.com my options are 18, 19, or 20". I prefer to go smaller for winter because they're usually cheaper and they lead a rough life.
  • From what I can see these cars don't use TPMS sensors in the wheels, is that right? Is it an ABS based tire pressure system?
  • Is there anything software related that I need to do when switching between summer/winter setups?

If anyone has a lead on a set of used wheels and/or a complete setup I'd love to hear about it. If I don't get anywhere locally (Cleveland area) I might just post a wanted thread in the classifieds.

Thanks!
-Brett.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,087 Posts
17" might be a tad too small I think. You should be good with 18" and above. Also, if your's is a T8, you will have bigger brakes than the T6/T5 so the 17s would surely not clear.

Yes. They do not use TPMS sensors so you do not need to worry about it when changing tires.

Use https://www.wheel-size.com/size/volvo/ to check for wheel details by selecting your Vehicle and trim. It should give you all the bolt pattern/offset/width details you would need to search for a suitable Volvo/non-Volvo wheel.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info! I hadn't see wheel-size.com before, good info there. Mine is a T6, but still I think I'll stay with the 18" just to be sure I clear the brakes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm looking for a winter setup as well for a V90 Inscription, so I want to track this. I have a lot of your questions as well. I've read but can't confirm that we can use XC60 wheels, which opens us up to a lot more options.

·
Registered
14,155 Posts
I do see new car take-offs from time to time on FB marketplace. That's where I'd be checking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts