SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum as recently purchased a 2019 S60 T6R, pebble grey, with advanced package and Polestar. Had previously been active on Audi and BMW forums as earlier had an Audi A4 first year produced, stick, Autumn red similar to the red offered on the S60. Also had a BMW 335x convertible, twin turbo 6, first year made w/hard top. Recently, traded a 10 year old subaru legacy 6 cylinder limited, w/105k miles, which refused to die.

Quite excited to report my experience w/1 week ownership of the volvo. This is our second volvo, had an old 740 black/blamck wagon, stick which my wife had difficulty shifting, and now is riding on a BMW X3 w/110k miles. We decided to hold onto the BMW now off extended warranty, as the engine was replaced at 55k due to a broken plastic timing chain guide, which caused to engine to implode at 55k. Trade in value is worth not much!!

Cross shopped the new BMW 330 sedan 4 cylinder, Mercedes A class, thought about the Genesis G70 6 cylinder turbo, but could not get over the fact that Genesis has not got their act together and separate effectively from Hyundi.

Test drove a red S60 T6 R w/Polestar and fell in love for the following reason. Love the balance of luxury and power with comfort. The acceleration of the T6 w/Polestar in dynamic mode is exhilarating, braking is secure, handling is not quite BMW, but could not get comfortable in BMW seats, and most important to me was the suspension is unbelievable. I flew through a back winding scenic road here in MA, filled w/speed bumps and pot holes and the suspension soaked up the bumps at 50 miles/hour w/o slowing down over speed bumps.

Love the R interior, exterior in pebble grey appealed to me, in light looks mostly grey, with hints of bronze, subdued, very elegant, under the radar.

So far, nothing to complain about. Getting used to Sensus, not crazy about it, thought about waiting for Android Senus w/google, but decided to pullut the trigger as not sure when the update will be available. I am hopeful, but do not expect the 2019 Sensus will be able to be updated to the new system, but my hopes are still there. The Mercedes MBUS info system is unbelievable.

Best to all!

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts