SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just installed some team dynamics pro race 1.2 wheels in 17x8" with 40mm offset and michelin pilot sport 3+ tires all around.

So far I'm liking the new setup, time to lower the rear end and update the suspension (whenever I have money again).

From reading here, sounds like either R springs in the rear with OEM struts would work, or go all out with a set of bc racing coilovers all around.

Pic of the new setup over at mvs at the end of this thread (not sure of the best way to add images here):

https://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=86698&start=10

The black wheels don't match very well, guess I could paint them (or paint the car something that matches better, but that seems like quite an endeavor).

·
Registered
449 Posts
Going to Matthews site, I see we have the same car, yours is 2 years newer than mine. For going to stage 2, I don't think you'll be happy with stock Sachs struts and shocks. Unless you're an old geezer like me. If I had the power and wheels you do, I'd want the handling razor sharp, and I'd get the BC hookup from VIVA.

Unless you have some kind of unicorn 2.5T AWD that came with 4C (somebody I talked to at IPD was convinced there were some out there, I just know mine ain't...)

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Just checked out your MVS thread and I'm thoroughly impressed!!

I'd definitely go with the BCs over anything else. The adjustability alone is worth the cost.

Just as a comment to your MVS thread... I'm in So Cal. As for your R downpipe, you're totally fine. It's completely stock looking considering it is stock despite being from the R. Many smog places do run a mirror under the car to check for the presence of a cat, but that's it. They aren't looking at it beyond a wheeled ground mirror, unless it looks shiney new which may prompt them to look further. I have a FWD 2.5T and actually recently swapped the stock exhaust for a stock R exhaust. Car definitely sounds better and more aggressive. The butt dyno says a slight increase in responsiveness... I should look into an R downpipe myself now. Once you get to CA, check the junkyards for a new hopefully straight airbox. Anyways sorry to sidetrack from your initial question.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nice work!

I’m going to echo what others are saying, the Sachs are plenty comfy, but definitely too soft if you like driving quickly in the canyon and mountain roads around SoCal.

Our cars are the same color, but mine is just front drive. I upgraded the wheels to a set of 18” R’s from Craigslist, then put BF Goodrich Comp T/A all seasons on them, high performance but still not an all-out sticky summer-only tire..

..and once I had a decent wheel/tire setup, it became clear I need a stiffer setup to let the tire grip properly.

As for the wheel color - I think if you black out what little chrome there is on the car, it’ll look perfect. The window trim is already black, it’ll look properly clean...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts