SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone was looking into rooftop boxes, I just wanted to let you know what I got. Thule Sonic XXL in black. Of course I had to go Thule because it says made in Sweden on it. I also ordered the black to match the car. So this is the biggest Thule you can get and is about 8 feet long. Fits perfect and the hatch opens up with no problems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Did you use the Volvo New Wing Profile Load Bars for XC90 or did you also get those from Thule? Car looks great btw!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used the Volvo ones! They are a little taller then I would like but I think since mine is the Inscription and it has the low profile roof rails, that was my only option at the time.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for posting this picture. We are debating between the Sonic XL and XXL. My wife keeps saying "we'll need the space" but the XXL seems so gigantic.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for posting this picture. We are debating between the Sonic XL and XXL. My wife keeps saying "we'll need the space" but the XXL seems so gigantic.
I was debating the same thing but REI let me test fit both the XL and XXL on the car. In the end it looks great and the more room I have up there for our trips to Mammoth the better. I definitely would go XXL, but thats just my .02

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
That picture looks pretty sweet.........I'd say go big or go home!

·
Registered
127 Posts
If anyone was looking into rooftop boxes, I just wanted to let you know what I got. Thule Sonic XXL in black. Of course I had to go Thule because it says made in Sweden on it. I also ordered the black to match the car. So this is the biggest Thule you can get and is about 8 feet long. Fits perfect and the hatch opens up with no problems.
Thule's sold in the US used to be made in Franklin Park IL, has this now changed. You can get a bigger box in Europe it's called the Excellent XT, I think the US branded Sonic is the same box as the European Dynamic, which I have, it comes in two sizes.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thule's sold in the US used to be made in Franklin Park IL, has this now changed. You can get a bigger box in Europe it's called the Excellent XT, I think the US branded Sonic is the same box as the European Dynamic, which I have, it comes in two sizes.
Hahaha, yeah probably made in IL. I thought it said made in Sweden but after just looking on the box it only says Sweden under Thule.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts