SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I posted a reply on styling upgrades. At that time I was waiting on the newer tailgate emblem and a a tailgate chrome strip for my 06 2.5. Parts finally arrived today from volvo web parts store.

I'm quite pleased with the outcome.

Here's the standard style on the 06.

To get the emblem off, I used waxed dental floss and just worked it through the back of the letters. Took all of 10-15 minutes to remove at a slow pace. Once that was off, I used an old credit card to gently scrape some of the larger adhesive pieces. Then used some adhesive remover sprays to take off the residue. Once all the residue was off, I was left with some of VOLVO etching still on the paint. At this point I used some medium rubbing compound to remove it. Removing the adhesive and the VOLVO shadow was the longest part, probably 30-45 minutes, working slowly. Here's the gate without the emblem. I think it actually looks pretty good without the emblem

Once it was all cleaned of dirt, adhesives and adhesive remover spray. It was time to put on the new emblem and chrome strip. I first put on the chrome strip. That was quite easy to do, simply remove the tape backing and press. The center of the strip aligns with the rear wiper. Once the strip was in place. I took the emblem and centered the L to the rear wiper and then taped the left side of the emblem to the tailgate. With the left side taped I removed the double sided tape backing from the left and pressed the letters on, working from left to right, starting with V. This took all of 10 minutes to do, both the chrome strip and emblem.

Here's the final result. Quite pleased with it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Did the same to my ride but I took off the XC90. I got a parking ticket one day and the meter made left the model blank on the ticket..ha!:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts