SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
George, It's wonderful! A giant leap in the right direction. With this new ordering system I take it the purchase must be made using credit card and not PayPal? Anyway it is wonderful. Can't wait to see the shirts.

-Poritz

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Was cruising on 270 in the outer "local lanes" and saw this 97/96 855 R. No spoiler, and got the factory Volans. I think it was the same one I saw once in front of Gaithersburg's Best Buy. At first I didn't notice him when I was entering the local lanes from the express lanes, he was nice enough to speed up and pulled next to me and gave me this ¡§Hi¡¨ kind of hand gesture. Pretty cool if you ask me. Too bad, I was on the run, and needed to head home then¡K. hopefully he did see the Swedespeed decal on my passenger side rear quarter window and was creative enough to look it up on the Net. I know if we use Swedespeed.com instead might look kinda cheesy, but will probably get more awareness.

Oh wellz, let¡¦s see if the guy will come on the forum one of these days. I¡¦m now glad I had that sticker¡Khehe¡K.so we could spread the love around our communities.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh sheesh! Yeah, most of the pages in this site do. It's going to be a weekend project to go through and change them all. Thanks.

For now, it's credit card. We're using CCnow right now, but we'll be doing our own system relatively soon. I'll have to give paypal some thought, as it's become such a standard. I don't want to give it up.

An R without a spoiler? Front or rear? I've seen a beige metallic 850 sedan in Germantown with Volans. Maybe that was it.

I'll have to think of doing a .com on the next round of decals. I'll definitely do it on the license plate frames, probably sometime this winter.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by [email protected]:

An R without a spoiler? Front or rear? I've seen a beige metallic 850 sedan in Germantown with Volans. Maybe that was it.

I'll have to think of doing a .com on the next round of decals. I'll definitely do it on the license plate frames, probably sometime this winter.
Actually, it was a black R wagon without rear spoiler. I've seen an S70 (MD plate) with Volans roaming around here before.Then again....I always see that old guy with the yellow T5-R with color matched yellow Titans on 355.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Forgot to add, yeah..it'll definitely be nice if you can add the .com behind Swedespeed for the plate frame. Maybe in smaller fonts, but it'd be better if they know what we are supporting.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw a silver S70 T-5 at Kentlands with the 17" swept 5-spoke Rs. Forget the name and too lazy to check the gallery right now. I tried to find the car and put a Swedespeed card on it, but he must have just been driving through. Good looking car though.

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's our plan to have some printed up. I had some business cards printed when I did my own, but they only had the url on them.

For now, I'm down to about 20 that I keep in my glovebox. I'll get them Kai, but it'll probably be a few months.

·
Registered
6 Posts
quote:

Oh sheesh! Yeah, most of the pages in this site do. It's going to be a weekend project to go through and change them all. Thanks.
George, you can always try a PERL script that will work though all of your HTML files and find/replace any string variation that you could possibly imagine...just a thought :)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
If my head weren't so big, I'd probably buy a hat. My last fitted hat was 7-1/2, and it doesn't fit any more (may have shrunk a little).

I sold a set of IPD 240 sway bars to a guy a few months ago who had a grey 855 with Titans. We met up at the Barnes&Noble at 355/Randolph Rd.

When can we get the official Kai bobble-head doll???

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Oooh, finally...the store is open. Guess I'll order my stickers now and put 'em on what's left of the 850. Cool!

So, about this bobbing Kai doll thing...will you have a version with his patented laugh and famous quotes on a sound-chip? I need to put it in the car to remind me of the "old-days".

Also, George...can I get some of those cards for the Northern Cali crowd? I've been making swedespeed known to all that I see with a Volvo in the area. But they always ask for me to "write it down" for them. It'd be nice to give them something more than a grease stained paper towel or used tissue with "swedespeed.com" written on it. (Something about the image...)

Cheers to all!
Prospero

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It's on my to do list Matt. I'll get it done, just not sure how fast. BTW, I do intend to call you, though I have a business trip the next couple of days, so it'll probably be next week.

Michael, I think I still have on of the original adjuastable hats. Next time we meet up I'll have to share it with you since you've been so kind to lend me all of those sales brochures and photographs.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by towerymt:
When can we get the official Kai bobble-head doll???

It's work in progress.
I'm thinking about teaming up with the Build-a-bear store at the mall to make the offical Kai doll.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
quote:

Michael, I think I still have on of the original adjuastable hats. Next time we meet up I'll have to share it with you since you've been so kind to lend me all of those sales brochures and photographs.
Thanks! That would be great. I'll probably stopping by the shop where Rob works a few times in the next month, so I'll let you know for sure when I'll be around.

BTW, there's still a lot of spots left in the 8/25 autocross. Let's see what the project 245 can do!
(or the golf
)

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay, next time around I'll have a couple more of the adjustable made for the fellow big heads (7 3/8 here.).

Actually, I took my trip in a new XC this weekend, and compared to the 240 with its IPD suspension and now a driver's side recaro, I felt like I was definitely in more of a luxury (soft) setup.

I'd like to get the 240 out to an autocross at some point, just to see how she does, but I need to get some decent rubber on it and I want to redo the suspension bushings.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Quick question about the hat...

Is that circle-with-the-cross-in-it black or dark blue? (In the picture it looks black.)

[This message has been edited by Lisa62 (edited 08-14-2002).]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts