SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to R Kelly for advising me to get 10mm spacers after hearing my F1s rub, while riding around Dallas.

Easy install of 10mm Viva spacers. NO more F1 rubbing, looks great and whether the turning radius increase is psychological or real, I'm very pleased.

Thanks again Kelly! http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm going to need these on my T5. With the Heico V's and the F1's... I'm rubbing more than ever.. err. Did u do them all around?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (GuelphVolvo)

Yes.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (TexasV70R)

Nice! And nice jack, is that the all-aluminum one?

I just bought the 4 tonner so I could lift the truck too....that sucker is HEAVY!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by needsdecaf »
Nice! And nice jack, is that the all-aluminum one?

I just bought the 4 tonner so I could lift the truck too....that sucker is HEAVY!

Yeah, 2-ton and weighs 44lbs. On sale for I think $169?

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: New spacers, no more rub and increased turning radius? (TexasV70R)

Quote, originally posted by TexasV70R »
Thanks again Kelly! http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

No problem. Those are the VPTuning/Viva performance ones correct?

Looks good btw, really gives the car an aggressive look with the wheel wells filled out.

One advantage to doing 10mm all around is you keep the same size bolts (17mm is most common with 45mm length bolts, stock are 33mm long, 19mm heads, POS tire iron is 19mm). Don't forget to specify tapered neck if you order new bolts (I didn't spend the money on the floating taper, cost $5 per bolt).

I'll be in San Antonio sometime in the next few months, maybe we can meet up in Austin for some lunch, maybe get slowrey and some of the other guys together.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: New spacers, no more rub and increased turning radius? ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »

No problem. Those are the VPTuning/Viva performance ones correct?

Looks good btw, really gives the car an aggressive look with the wheel wells filled out.

One advantage to doing 10mm all around is you keep the same size bolts (17mm is most common with 45mm length bolts, stock are 33mm long, 19mm heads, POS tire iron is 19mm). Don't forget to specify tapered neck if you order new bolts (I didn't spend the money on the floating taper, cost $5 per bolt).

I'll be in San Antonio sometime in the next few months, maybe we can meet up in Austin for some lunch, maybe get slowrey and some of the other guys together.

Austin is not that far. BTW, the VPT bolts are indeed tapered, but not floating like the stock ones. $100 for floating bolts. Not any time soon!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: New spacers, no more rub and increased turning radius? ("R" Kelly)

Will this solve my rubbing problems? I just swapped my stock pirelli's for Avon's last week and noticed the rub. Dealer said he gets the same issue on his 70R when he went to F1's and is fairly normal complaint due to the tolerences. What exactly are these and where do I get them?

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: New spacers, no more rub and increased turning radius? (Red60R)

Quote, originally posted by Red60R »
Will this solve my rubbing problems? I just swapped my stock pirelli's for Avon's last week and noticed the rub. Dealer said he gets the same issue on his 70R when he went to F1's and is fairly normal complaint due to the tolerences. What exactly are these and where do I get them?

A spacer is simply that, a spacer. It is a plate that is bolted between the wheel and hub when re-installing the wheel.

Lots of places, but George at Viva Performances has good ones in stock for the R (weird bolt pattern on the Volvos).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: New spacers, no more rub and increased turning radius? (needsdecaf)

What do they cost for a set of 4? I see the post above where someone mentions $5 per bolt but what about the spacer itself?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: New spacers, no more rub and increased turning radius? (Red60R)

Quote, originally posted by Red60R »
What do they cost for a set of 4? I see the post above where someone mentions $5 per bolt but what about the spacer itself?

$149 for a pair, including the longer tapered bolts. I installed all four wheels with 10mm spacers and NO MORE F1 rubbing while making sharp or U turns. Viva Performance delivery, etc. is excellent. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Re: New spacers, no more rub and increased turning radius? (TexasV70R)

very cool. I want ot do 15 in the rear and 10 up front.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've got the 18s on my s60r and have wheel rub on Michelin Pilot Sport PS2....do you folks think 5mm would be enough? I'd prefer to keep it to the minimum...

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (aneurysm)

Quote, originally posted by aneurysm »
I've got the 18s on my s60r and have wheel rub on Michelin Pilot Sport PS2....do you folks think 5mm would be enough? I'd prefer to keep it to the minimum...

Thanks!

Others hear have posted that with PS2s and F1s the 10mm for front wheels were required.

Others, please advise. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
44 Posts
Re: (TexasV70R)

thats good to know - because my next tires WILL be F1s. I've had them on my Prelude for years and they are hands down the best tire on the market, and the price is great too.

·
Registered
18,762 Posts
Re: (aneurysm)

Quote, originally posted by aneurysm »
I've got the 18s on my s60r and have wheel rub on Michelin Pilot Sport PS2....do you folks think 5mm would be enough? I'd prefer to keep it to the minimum...Thanks!

5mm will definitely help, but may not completely eliminate the rub, especially if you ever plan on doing springs.

On the plus side, you don't have to buy new bolts with 5mm..

·
Registered
500 Posts
Re: ("R" Kelly)

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »

5mm will definitely help, but may not completely eliminate the rub, especially if you ever plan on doing springs.

On the plus side, you don't have to buy new bolts with 5mm..

I used 5mm + 5 mm for a long time.Yes it helped but not %100 solved the rubbing problem.

2 weeks ago I started to use 10mm + 10mm(one axle) and now the rubbing eliminated compeletely.

For the turning radius a little increase observed.

·
Registered
927 Posts
What size tires are your new F1's? Looks great!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (Edogg218)

Quote, originally posted by Edogg218 »
What size tires are your new F1's? Looks great!

Here are photos of the tire size to show the speed and load ratings, as this was a subject of contention in another post.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts