SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi. I'm trying to stick a picture in my signature. I placed a picture at imagestation, like jesse850GLT has, but can't seem to get the image-posting
things to work. I'm not sure how to be more specific than that.

My pic is a jpeg, in case that helps you at all... I didn't ask any of you or any of the members with geocities pics (only asked jesse850GLT) because I assumed that there might be something specific to imagestation that I wasn't doing properly. Hmmm...what can I tell you that would help you help me figure this out (assuming you're willing)? I must admit I'm in waaay over my head here... Must go now, unfortunately, but will log in later on or tomorrow and try this again.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh, well you can't put an actual picture in your sig, but you can put them in a post by using (img)url(/img) and replacing the () by [].

You can put a link to a pic in your sig like...

1996 Volvo 854 Turbo
So, you'd have (URL=webaddressofpic)nameofpic(/URL) and of course change the () to [].

cheers!

[This message has been edited by javadoc (edited 04-10-2002).]

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I don't think you can put an image in your sig. You can make a link using the url tag.

quote:

From the signature description:
You may use UBB Code in this field, but not HTML. The UBB Code Image tag is not permitted, however.
I just added an image to my sig, and I doubt it will work.

·
Registered
289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Lisa62:
Hi. I'm trying to stick a picture in my signature. I placed a picture at imagestation, like jesse850GLT has, but can't seem to get the image-posting
things to work. I'm not sure how to be more specific than that.

My pic is a jpeg, in case that helps you at all... I didn't ask any of you or any of the members with geocities pics (only asked jesse850GLT) because I assumed that there might be something specific to imagestation that I wasn't doing properly. Hmmm...what can I tell you that would help you help me figure this out (assuming you're willing)? I must admit I'm in waaay over my head here... Must go now, unfortunately, but will log in later on or tomorrow and try this again.
I am sorry Lisa but when did you ask me ?

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Lisa,

You can't put images in your signature. You have to use the tags to link to the image of your ...ml]http://www.swedespeed.com/ubb/ubbcode.html

If you need any extra help at all, just shoot me an email and I can set up the UBB code for you.

-Drew

·
Registered
287 Posts
Oops, I meant to say a LINK to my image. I'll read the UBB code stuff (did once, but it's obviously not gettin in the noggin somehow!) again and try again. jesse850GLT, I just posted a quick question to ya this morning in a separate topic that QuarterSwede had going... No biggie... I just saw that you were using imagestation, too, and thought maybe I was goofing it up on that end (rather than the UBB code stuff on this end). We'll see... Will try again later when I get a sec... Thanks, all!
Lisa

·
Registered
287 Posts
After reading it all again, I'll need to try to use the URL ones rather than the image ones. I mistakenly thought I should use the (img) ones to put the link to the picture right below my name, whereas I'm really should use the URL ones. DUH. I'm just aiming for a "clickable" link to a picture. I'll putter around with the url commands and see if I can get it to work. If not, well, Drew, you may hear from me tomorrow. :) Thanks, as always...

·
Registered
289 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Lisa62:
jesse850GLT, I just posted a quick question to ya this morning in a separate topic that QuarterSwede had going... No biggie... I just saw that you were using imagestation, too, and thought maybe I was goofing it up on that end (rather than the UBB code stuff on this end). We'll see... Will try again later when I get a sec... Thanks, all!
Lisa
I am sorry I guess I did not read it .I would be the wrong person to ask anyway I'm not the best on the computer.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Okay, I think I'm getting the hang of this...verrry sloooowly.

[This message has been edited by Lisa62 (edited 04-11-2002).]

·
Registered
287 Posts
Another slight mod to prior post... (please ignore, it's still a work-in-progress)

[This message has been edited by Lisa62 (edited 04-11-2002).]

·
Registered
287 Posts
All right, I think I've finally got it. Now I can post this lousy ol' "driveway shot" on my signature (oh, joy)! Am hoping to get something a little nicer (you know, trees or something in the background, etc.) for this link when the grass gets greener around here.

Yup, it's not a souped up T5 or anything, so it sure won't make any of YOUR pulses race, but me, well... I'm a proud new owner -- my first Volvo, and I love it to death so far, sooooo... Here it is! My link seems to be working! In case any of you above are still reading this thread, thanks again for your assistance (& tolerance - ha ha) with what must seem like dumb/obvious questions.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey, wtg! Nice S60, btw... and what's that greenish stuff on the ground? I haven't seen that in about 7months.

/Scott

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks. Now wait just a minute...the link is NOT working any more. I just clicked on it for kicks to see if it still pulls up my picture, and it doesn't work. It takes me to a page that says HTTP 404 Page Not Found and offers up a link to ImageStation's home (where it doesn't find my pic when I search for it using their search engine). This happened every once in a while (or every time(?), not sure) when I clicked on jesse850GLT's picture, too, which is also housed there at ImageStation. Hmmmm. Wonder why would it work an hour ago, and not now? Javadoc, obviously YOU got into it, so I know I'm not crazy. It worked for at least a little while! Oh, well... Perhaps I'll poke around with this a little more tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts