SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my wife’s 2019 XC60, and would like to consider buying an S90, but my dealer only has one, and a dealer in St. Louis said they’re only available by special order. Is this because tariffs are pricing them out of the market, or are they slow sellers anyway? The local car has been on the lot since January, I think, and it’s sharp looking, but has the basic stereo. Anyone know what’s going on with these?

·
Registered
13,472 Posts
I would imagine that they are slow sellers already and the tariffs probably haven't helped. I would bet that the new S60 has stolen sales from the S90. You may have to consider a long distance purchase to get the one you want. Fly out, drive back.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
The S90 T5 FWD is coming in the R-Design trim package for 2020.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
That might be a geographic thing.

I'm having no problem finding them here in Massachusetts.

That said, I'd imagine Missouri is even further down the trend to SUV's and crossovers than we are here, where a semi decent sized minority of people still want traditional cars.

My Volvo dealer said they still sell about 20% cars vs 80% SUV's/Crossovers.

I'd imagine in your parts the car percentages are even lower, which might be why it is harder to find an S90.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
According to the Volvo USA website the 2020 S90 R-Design will have the sport suspension. The website is only partially completed for the 2020 S90, but a photo graph of the three 2020 models (Momentum, R-Design and Inscription) shows the R-Design will ride on the swb platform.

I am hoping the sport suspension can be retro fitted onto pre 2020 non air suspension S90s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts