SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2000 S70, non-turbo, with 148k miles. I have relatives with diesel trucks who put chips into them to improve economy and horsepower, and have heard of people doing this with their Volvos. Would this be worthwhile on my gasoline sedan?
I am also looking for recommendations for a good online parts store-particularly somewhere that sells well-fitting leather seat covers.
Any tips for a new Volvo owner? I try to keep the oil changed in my rigs, and am a pretty sensible driver.
Really liking the car so far!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Nothing made for your car.
Not much aftermarket help or performance parts made for a non turbo

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
Congrats on the new to you Volvo. Like the others have indicated, there is not much that can be done to improve the horsepower on a non-turbo car. You might see a chip on some obscure site that promises 8 hp or so for a few hundred dollars. If it does anything at all to the performance of the car you would not be able to feel a 8 hp difference (or whatever they indicate).

If it were my car I would focus on bringing the car to "stage 0". You can do a search to see what that entails.

A lot of us buy parts from ipd, fcp groton, and tasca for OEM parts. Try ellwood industries for replacement seat covers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts