SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If my stars are aligned then I'm hoping to leave a deposit or even buy and drive away an S60R tomorrow.

Before I pay for it, I thought I'd ask you guys what you think to the price and spec:

2006 S60R Manual 6-Speed
35,000 miles
Sat Nav, Phone, etc (fully loaded bar the parking sensors)
Silver with Nordkap interior
Mostly Volvo service history, but had two 'independent' services
4 brand new Pirelli tires

Asking price is $12,500

What do we think?

Also could someone please be kind enough to give me the names and part numbers of the body kit pieces I need to make this girl truly special?

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
If my stars are aligned then I'm hoping to leave a deposit or even buy and drive away an S60R tomorrow.

Before I pay for it, I thought I'd ask you guys what you think to the price and spec:

2005 S60R Manual 6-Speed
35,000 miles
Sat Nav, Phone, etc (fully loaded bar the parking sensors)
Silver with Nordkap interior
Mostly Volvo service history, but had two 'independent' services

Asking price is $12,500

What do we think?

Also could someone please be kind enough to give me the names and part numbers of the body kit pieces I need to make this girl truly special?
That's a very good price.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Get it before someone one here buys it. Great price for a low mileage car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For the mileage, that's pretty damn cheap. Market average on a 2005 is around 100k miles for the same price. Have you seen the vehicle history report yet?

·
Registered
14,024 Posts
Not to be suspicious but it sounds almost too good to be true. I would have it checked out thoroughly. I think it's perfectly special sans the body kit but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My 06 cost double that... in 2009, and had 21 k on it at the time.

Edit: whoops this is the internet. Point was not, "Hey, look at me!!" but rather, "you might want to be a little suspicious."

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Fantastic price for the miles, almost too good, I would definitely get a car fax and verify clear (not salvage) title

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I gave $15k for my '04 GT with 60k on it in April (granted from a Volvo dealer, and it had a couple of grand worth of work done to it when they got it, including brand new tires) . I would fine tooth comb that baby, even find someone with a Vida/Dice and talk to it... but if it checks out, you found a heck of a deal... (mumbles under breath) seriously, good luck and hope it checks out for you.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Great price! Is that in USD? I ask cause I think US models only had phone option in 04 before TDMA was ultimately completely ruled out in production vehicles (BMW and Audi stopped including theirs as well and went with Bluetooth models) Plus the headlights has the reflector removed or are Euro's.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes I'm in the UK, so I just did a currency conversion into USD.

Picked her up today, drives like a dream but I am getting a strange 'clinking' noise from under the car. Sounds likes something metallic like a chain is hanging loose. Going to get her fully serviced at Volvo very soon but any ideas on what the noise could be?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Axle bolts. Dont have the dealer do it..just buy XC90 axle bolts and put them in..look it up..just have to take the center caps off..takes 2 min

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Just cuz its expensive..but if you can't..then take it...you'd need a torque wrench and 14mm socket i think it is..but if they are doin other stuff and you can't then oh well..

The stock axle bolts come loose and cause axle ping (search it if you want) and sometimes get so loose that they rattle around inside the center caps...i bet if you take a cap off the bolt will be loose..the volvo techs glue the splines to get rid of the ping...this makes it hard if you evEr need to pull the axle...but you wont be doin it anyway i assume...but the XC90 bolts are a better solution then the glue..so ask for the xc bolts to be put in

1 - 20 of 21 Posts