SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2004 S60R!! I work at a body shop, and it got totaled. I was able to pick it up for $2500. It was hit in the rear so I need to do some pulling on it to straighten it up. But my question was (and i'm sorry if this is a redundant question, I did a search and found a couple of threads pertaining to my question but not exactly), the exhaust is bent from the impact and i'm probably going to have to replace it. Not sure if when bending it back it might get a kink. But i was thinking of putting an aftermarket exhaust on it. Nothing crazy, just something to give it a nice tone. Probably just an axle back, but if I could find a cat back or a complete system for fairly cheap I would consider it. Just seeing was every ones personal experience was. I'm super excited to get this thing back on the road!!!

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, have fun with it.

As far as exhaust, google search the websites as I don't know the exact links off hand: iPD, EST, Elevate all sell exhaust. There are others like Ferritta, BSR, etc but a little harder to get. Just go custom, take it to a muffler shop, supply them with flanges, muffler (and resonator if you prefer) and they'll fab you up one cheaper than a premade production one.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome, I shall look into those. Also, what about intake and BOV. That's probably all I'm going to modify to start. I had a 1995 supra and loved the way the HKS super sequential sounded. Anything similar for this?

·
Registered
9,226 Posts

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Didn't this belong to a SS member? I thought I've seen the damage before.
How many miles on it? Manual or Auto?

·
6,436 Posts
wow congrats on the cheap purchase - I'm sure you'll fix it up just fine.

Look up OBX exhaust on Ebay - should be enough.
OR, just go custom - straight pipe everything after the downpipe and put a muffler at the end - you'll get a nice sound out of it.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Hey question? If your replacing the exhaust....wanna cut the tips off and mail em to me? I'll pay postage :) pretty please

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We will see. I'm going to try and straighten it first. If it doesn't kink I'm going to leave it for now. If I can straighten it, is there any way to make a decent sound out of it by modifying the stock pipes?

·
6,436 Posts
We will see. I'm going to try and straighten it first. If it doesn't kink I'm going to leave it for now. If I can straighten it, is there any way to make a decent sound out of it by modifying the stock pipes?
You can cut out the bottom resonator and replace it with a straight pipe
but honestly - stock exhausts rust pretty quickly - just replace it with something new

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Awesome, I shall look into those. Also, what about intake and BOV. That's probably all I'm going to modify to start. I had a 1995 supra and loved the way the HKS super sequential sounded. Anything similar for this?
To be honest, adding the IPD AMS and removing my hood liner made my CBV sound alot like a BOV. I have a friend with an STI configured with an aftermarket BOV and they are directly comparable. With VIVAs CBV upgrade kit it could be even louder if need be.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
OP: where are you located. Prienzo is selling his EST touring exhaust [slightly louder than stock] for $600

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Central VA
Another VA R that I'll probably never see :D Sounds like you might be close to RVAE34 though, he's in Richmond

Prienzo is in NY, so that may not be a good bet. However, if I get his exhaust in October, you can certainly have my stock exhaust.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Another VA R that I'll probably never see :D Sounds like you might be close to RVAE34 though, he's in Richmond

Prienzo is in NY, so that may not be a good bet. However, if I get his exhaust in October, you can certainly have my stock exhaust.
Yeah, i'm like 45 minutes west of Richmond. Charlottesville area.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts