SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, my name is Max and i just purchased my first S60R about 1 month ago for my new daily driver. Its a 2004 S60R, titanium/tan, 6 speed, 70K miles, got it for $10K. Has a IPD ram air intake, IPD boost solenoid and a OBX downpipe. Ive also tinted the tail lights and painted the grille matte black. Ive got afew other mods in mind though ;). But i cant go crazy cause its my DD for now. Other interesting cars in my garage right now, 1998 Cobra ($125K in mods/1000hp), and my wifes 05 BMW 745LI, although about 2 years ago i had a 01 Ferrari 360, 07 Ferrari 599 and a 65 GT350, that i sold them all due to loosing alot of.my business (god bless the economy) and i had to stay afloat. Now things are picking back up and all is good. Im happy to be here and i look forward to being apart of this community for some time. Best regards! Ill put some better pics up later and some "old" pics of how the stable used to look :) doing this mobile is a pain in the ass!

At Lambo dealer (visiting friend)
Wheels im getting in Black chrome

Cobra

·
Registered
588 Posts
Awesome R! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ugh, im having computer issues, I'll have to post more on the other cars when I can use my office computer...

Heres the few itll let me post...my Google Chrome is hating me right now. :\

^---The 98' Cobra was white in this pic (2 years ago)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
So, what were you doing that you were rich and now you aren't?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Being self-employed has its downfalls. I do values on cars for all the major insurance companies, also handle claims as a 3rd party claims admin on exotic, specialty & classic cars, I also sold insurance....hand my hands in afew other venues as well. When the economy started to take a ****, the insurance companies wanted to keep the costs down, so instead of paying me, the started doing in in house, and my income went down from $25-30K/Month down to like $6K / month just relying on private party appraisals ect. But things are starting to get up. When you have a $800,000 mortgage, 6K is barley a house payment lol.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
TBQH if I was making 6K a month I'd be ****ing rich. lol

Rent is 1,275 currently (1,800 sq foot 3 story town house), and with car payment, fuel, food, etc... I'm running about 2,100$ a month. Currently, I'm making probably 1,000 a month. Thanks to recently being fired.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I feel you. $5,677/ house payment, $650 car insurance each month for 5 cars (lots of tickets lol), $220 cell bill, making payments on $85K in credit card bills, $2000 PGE bill (cooling 10,800 square feet when its 110° outside isnt cheap). Food ect ect ect. Its basically the same thing youre saying, just a bigger scale.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Welcome to the forum nice cars. I also took a hit. I had to cut my expenses by 50% and rejoin the military to stay afloat. I was also self employed lost a lot of incomes as the small businesses I provided services to closed down.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the forum nice cars. I also took a hit. I had to cut my expenses by 50% and rejoin the military to stay afloat. I was also self employed lost a lot of incomes as the small businesses I provided services to closed down.
hang in there, that's life with ups n downs like the roller-coaster - you'll come to a stop...just enjoy the thrills n excitement during the journey.

agreed on the nice stable of mean machines...

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Your R needs winglets.

And welcome!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
How does a cobra have 125k in mods? whats the breakdown?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If I had $125k to spend on a car it sure wouldn't be a Mustang lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry was in LA/San Diego all day

Still on the road.

Ill put cobra stuff up soon, but example- the paint was $20,000 / interor was $10,000 ect ect. Was painted and interior done by Lamborghini beverly hills

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
:thumbup: you have officially made all of us jealous, me thinks. Very nice former stable, my friend. Welcome to the forums.

I'm a poor college grad working two jobs, so it's kind of fun to see how many different walks of life enjoy the S60R :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had a probpem all day today, my R would suddenly bog, back fire bad and basically stall while i was driving. It would buck afew times first, no CEL or ajy other warning light.would happen every 125-150 miles, id have to sit and wait 45 seconds to be able to start it again. ONE time it said Immobilizer Check Manual. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yea, im looking into the viva carbon winglets with the carbon center piece as well. Going to have the car wrapped matte grey metallic and the roof and center of hood in Carbon fiber, carbon mirror caps, and carbon rear truck valance, 5% tint all around, those wheels i posted a pic in black chrome, two piece slotted rotors, was gonna powdercoat the calipers a chrome blue and put the brembo decals on them. Quad tip exhaust & alot of suspension stuff too. Gimme 4 or 5 months on it LoL

1 - 20 of 31 Posts