SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my 05 S60R from a used dealer. Have worked on other Volvos before, mainly a V70Glt. So it's not completely new territory for me, but this car is. Have some questions and am welcome to ideas and recommendations!

First the problems I know about:
At full steering wheel lock, the tires rub at the front on the insides. Tires are normal size with stock R rims. So is this normal?

Second, Need to connect my IPhone for music and possibly Bluetooth for hands free phone calls. What's the best way to go? Standard 850 radio and 3GS iPhone.

Third, driving on the interstate today in heavy rain, radio was off but I started getting feedback through the speakers. Not sure if it was an alarm or some anomaly???

Have ordered a few parts like a euro thane upper engine mount and solid aluminum strut brace mounts, considering all eurothane bushings for suspension. Recommendations???

Lastly, is there a mobile app for this forum? Have to work from my phone most of the time.

Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Just bought my 05 S60R from a used dealer. Have worked on other Volvos before, mainly a V70Glt. So it's not completely new territory for me, but this car is. Have some questions and am welcome to ideas and recommendations!

At full steering wheel lock, the tires rub at the front on the insides. Tires are normal size with stock R rims. So is this normal?

Second, Need to connect my IPhone for music and possibly Bluetooth for hands free phone calls. What's the best way to go? Standard 850 radio and 3GS iPhone.

Third, driving on the interstate today in heavy rain, radio was off but I started getting feedback through the speakers. Not sure if it was an alarm or some anomaly???

Have ordered a few parts like a euro thane upper engine mount and solid aluminum strut brace mounts, considering all eurothane bushings for suspension. Recommendations???

Lastly, is there a mobile app for this forum? Have to work from my phone most of the time.

Thanks for the help.
Welcome to Swedespeed, Tierce.

Congrats on your "new" R - a bit quicker than your "old" V70GLT, eh?!

Here is a quick Swedespeed read on mobile phone apps...

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...espeed-to-Tapatalk-App-for-Mobile-Phones-DONE!

I am moving your thread over to the R Forum for answers to your other questions.

Thanks.

George Dill

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

At full steering wheel lock, the tires rub at the front on the insides. Tires are normal size with stock R rims. So is this normal? -YES THIS IS NORMAL WITH THE PEGS AT FULL LOCK

Second, Need to connect my IPhone for music and possibly Bluetooth for hands free phone calls. What's the best way to go? Standard 850 radio and 3GS iPhone. - FOR MUSIC LOOK INTO IMIV AND FOR BLUETOOTH I USE A PARROT MODULE FOR BLUETOOTH PHONE CALLS.

Third, driving on the interstate today in heavy rain, radio was off but I started getting feedback through the speakers. Not sure if it was an alarm or some anomaly??? - SOUNDS LIKE "RAIN SQUEAL" DO A SEARCH OF THE FORUM FOR THAT TERM AND SEE IF IT DESCRIBES WHAT YOU EXPERIENCED.

Have ordered a few parts like a euro thane upper engine mount and solid aluminum strut brace mounts, considering all eurothane bushings for suspension. Recommendations???- CHECK OUT VIVA PERFORMANCE FOR THEIR SELECTIONS OF POWERFLEX BUSHINGS.

Lastly, is there a mobile app for this forum? Have to work from my phone most of the time. - TAPATALK IS THE FORUM APP I AM USING AS WE SPEAK

Thanks for the help.
My answers are in all caps

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Charlotte huh? Welcome to SS.

I happened to be in Fayetteville at the moment with my SR.

·
Registered
351 Posts
If you are looking to mod and get the car looking good hit me up. How far are you from Concord?
You in Concord? I work in Salisbury. There are some things I'd like to do to my R, but I've never modded a car especially not one on the scale of an R.

·
Registered
905 Posts
nc represent

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm near Huntersville, but I'm not spending a lot of time at home right now, I travel during the week for work, and my girlfriend lives in Greenville SC, so I'm down there a lot on weekends, till she starts grad school again.

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the record, the V70GLT wasn't mine. Belonged to the parentals, but I did all the work on it, and yes the R is much faster. Def not Moms car!

Sent from my iPhone

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey Tierce, Im in charlotte as well got a gray R. Do you attend cci or anything? I only know a two others with R's nice to know some people in Charlotte with them to start a meet.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Figures I'm in town for business, I just happen to have my SR with me and everyone that posted in this thread is 2.5 hours West of where I'm at (Fort Bragg) haha. Bummer!!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Congrats on the new CamRy...

(pix or it didn't happen)

Yay, first time I get to "harass" some one about it...

(and yes, this is all in fun... you are expected to show pictures of your new baby)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Im in Mint Hill part of charlotte i know a few R's wont say there names PM me with name and number if you wanna do a meet somewhere in NC didnt know we had so many.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'd get together for a meet in CLT sometime, but the schedule is slam full for the next 2 months, so it won't be anytime soon for me.

Sent from my iPhone

1 - 20 of 28 Posts