SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where to begin...

Bought an 05 R a few weeks back, and am very happy with the car thusfar. A few things have scared me like duct tape over the air vent for the fuel tank which caused the fuel to back up the nozzle when filling up. But nothing that couldn't be handled yet. There are some concerns however that I could use some input on.

First I am somewhat mechanically inclined and have been working on cars for many years. So I'm not a complete idiot. That being said:

The turning radius on this car SUCKS! But more importantly, the front tires, which are stock 18" 235s rub on the inside fenders at full lock. With factory R rims and standard size tires, I wouldn't expect this. The car does have a body kit, which I believe is factory installed (may be wrong, but I'm not at home to check.) Had an alignment done, and it's in spec. So is this normal???

Also need to get my IPhone 3 integrated for music through the factory 850 radio, and possibly Bluetooth for hands free phone. IMIV OR USA spec? Recommendations? I was all set to buy the IMIV front mount package, but apparently it's not available right now. So need advice.

I'm not looking to spend a ton of money right now. Have too many other things going on, but a few mods may be necessary, have already ordered solid bushings for the front upper cross bar! No clue why Volvo didn't do this from the factory, but so be it.

Any other advice?

Is there a mobile app for this forum, working primarily from my phone.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Get the tapatalk app for your phone. I posted in the other thread, but check out Grom as well for an iPod connection. The turning radius blows and rubbing is normal. If you want to avoid it, get wheel spacers (5mm is usually enough to avoid the rub). Also, picture a no u turn sign in your head whenever you see a u turn possibility.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, already decided upturns were out, but I only get to drive it on the weekends anyways, so it won't be too bad.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Or just swing hella wide. Be careful though, my right front tire was cording really bad cause it rubbed so much.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You'll find a lot of things Volvo should have changed on the car coming from the factory. Get use to it. Lol.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Yeah I know! But I guess nobody's perfect. Just leaves vast room for improvement! Now just need money.

Sent from my iPhone
Yeah that's a good way to look at it!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts