SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new S60, ordered back in January, arrived at Port Hueneme on April 4th and is still there! My dealer said custom/sold cars get first priority but come on, 14 days!!! Has anybody else had this problem and does anybody have any suggestions? Me dealers is calling every day but can't seem to get anything going. Thanks for the help.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Chris,

Is your car marked sold, in the system? If you send me the last 6 digits of its VIN I can check the status for you.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Can be just a simple matter of not updating the stock status.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm new but I've lurked here for sometime and found lots of useful information. Like the OP here, my new S60 seems to be stuck in port in Baltimore. According to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site, my car was "discharged" on 4-6 and listed as "delivered from" on 4/10. My dealer said the ETA for the car was 4/18 but as of today it hasn't shown up. My salesperson says they won't know the whereabouts of the car until it arrives on their lot. It's taken longer to get from Baltimore to northeast Ohio than it did to cross the Atlantic!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

After contacting Volvo directly I found out my car was still waiting for updates. I sent this info to my dealer, who dug further, and found out there was an issue with the vehicle's key and that was the holdup. Call the sales manager at your dealership and ask him to contact Volvo directly. They should be able to tell you exactly what is going on with your car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer has been very accommodating so far. However, since it's only been 7 weeks since my order, my car is still within the 6-8 weeks delivery time they said it would take and they aren't concerned about it nor are they interested in checking the status. They've only told me that it has arrived in the U.S. Well I already knew that from the cargo tracking site. How did you contact Volvo directly about your car's status?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well you are doing pretty well. I guess being on the East Coast has its benefits!

I contacted Volvo through somebody on this forum who covers the West Coast. You could try the following:

http://www.volvocars.com/us/footer/contactus/pages/default.aspx

Owner's Questions

Volvo Cars of North America, LLC
Attn: Volvo Customer Care Center
1 Volvo Drive
P.O. Box 914
Rockleigh, New Jersey 07647

Tel: 1-800-458-1552
Email: Use our Contact Us form if you are an existing Volvo customer.
Hours: 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM EST, M - F

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I tried using the Volvo "Contact Us" form yesterday to inquire about the status and whereabouts of my S60. After trading a couple of emails back and forth requesting more information, I received the following reply: "We're checking into this issue. We will be back in touch with you as soon as our research is completed". Twenty-four hours later and still no news about my car.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Hope Volvo NA will come back soon.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Today is 8 weeks since my car was ordered and neither my dealer nor Volvo NA can tell me where the car is or when it will be delivered. I have to say there a few red flags starting to pop up in my head. I would have thought that something with a uniquely identifying serial number could be located with a few keystrokes and a couple of mouse clicks. Shouldn't someone be able to give me some information as to the car's status and whereabouts?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Today is 8 weeks since my car was ordered and neither my dealer nor Volvo NA can tell me where the car is or when it will be delivered. I have to say there a few red flags starting to pop up in my head. I would have thought that something with a uniquely identifying serial number could be located with a few keystrokes and a couple of mouse clicks. Shouldn't someone be able to give me some information as to the car's status and whereabouts?
There is no way neither her your retailer or we do not know where your car is or when it will be delivered. Unless it went through the Bermuda Triangle, there is a tracked itinerary from day 1.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I completely agree that has to be the case. It's just strange that no one seems to be able to tell me anything about it. I talked with Volvo customer service today and they are waiting to hear from the regional manager. My dealer told me that they won't know when the car is due until it actually shows up on their lot. "We're not FedEx" I was told. OK, I understand that but I'm a little concerned that there is an issue with the car that is affecting it's delivery. Is it normal for a car to take over 15 days to deliver from the time the shipper releases it?

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
A shipper releases a car to the port processor who has to process thousands of cars and address any problems mainly in the form of software/hardware issues. Therefore, it is possible a car could be stuck at the port of entry for up to 3 weeks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had the VIN since March 28th. According to the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site, my car was "discharged" on 4-6 and listed as "delivered from" on 4/10. My dealer said the ETA for the car was 4/18 but as of today it still hasn't shown up. I guess I thought if it was still in port somebody should have been able to tell me that by now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine has been in the Port since 4-4 and its still there. Your dealer could find out more if they had the will to do so.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:D:D:DCar finally arrived and I picked it up last night!!! So happy. Galpin Volvo really did a great job for us.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Congrats and enjoy the new ride. :)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
:D:D:DCar finally arrived and I picked it up last night!!! So happy. Galpin Volvo really did a great job for us.
Congratulations!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts