SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello S60 forum.

First off, I've had my beautiful passion red S40 T5 for 84,000 smiles for miles. Lurked in the S40 forum for several years. Saved me many headaches and mega bucks by doing much of my own work. We kept the 40, it's still a head turning car and too much fun to let go.

2012 S60 T5 on the way from another state, picking it up Friday. Caspian Blue, Beechwood interior.
Actually owned a new S60R for a day and it just wasn't to my liking, weird noises from the rear of the car and felt every single bump into the rump. Harsh, as it should be just didn't make itself known until the trip home. Guess I was overwhelmed with the zing and didn't pay attention to ride or odd sounds.
Took it back the next day and they found me a S60 T5 which is much more comfortable. A few cool gadgets, that awesome 640w stereo, Navi, camera, BLIS, park assist and other goodies. All of which I fell in love with on the R which is an AWESOME machine, just not for me.

Great posts here, read every one that mentioned issues, TSBs, recalls, etc. I now have a checklist to run down when the car arrives so we can clear up issues before making the 2 hour trip back home. Also ran the VIN and the one recall on my newest baby was already completed, thanks for the website tip.

I see some of the usual customers here from our 40 forum, thanks guys - you keep us on track! Looking forward to many happy years with this newest addition. Albeit there were frustrating growing pains with the 40, I love it to pieces and will drive it till the wheels fall off. Likely this one will have its quirks as well. All to work out in time.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Congrats on the new S60. I just love the color combination you chose!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Welcome, I was also a surfer of the S40 / V50 as I jumped from a V50 to a V60. Compared to the "first run" 04 -07 S40s, the S60s have little issues and most people are so far trouble free owners and enjoying the cars (My case at least)

The two cars feel very different. The internal layout is and functions are very similar so for me it was very intuitive learning to use the controls on the V60. I love the infotainment / sensus and its great to finally have a way to listen to my ipod. I use the bluetooth streaming and love it.

The driving sensation is also very different. The S40 feels lighter and more agile, the S60 feels more solid, more rigid, more "premium". The interior quality is amazing in the S60, they certainly made an improvement over the S40. The steering wheel is fantastic, my favorite interior feature.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts