SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. Recently picked up an '01 S60 2.4 with 148k miles on the clock. This is my first Volvo, and hopefully you guys can help me with a few things.

The first question I have is this button on the center panel. What exactly does it do? I looked in the appropriate section of the owners manual but it's not pictured.

My next question has to do with power door locks. Yesterday, the battery died and I had to jump it. After I did that, the power lock system wouldn't work. Whenever I pressed the button on the door, nothing happened. This was working before the battery died. What exactly is causing this?

Thanks in advance for any help. You guys seem like a knowledgable S60 group.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. That really confused me the other day.

·
Registered
578 Posts
To fix your door lock issue try resetting it by using the key in the drivers door to lock then unlock the car three times in a row. If that doesn't work check fuses.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To fix your door lock issue try resetting it by using the key in the drivers door to lock then unlock the car three times in a row. If that doesn't work check fuses.
Thank you! I just did that and it worked.

·
Registered
182 Posts
it locks the trunk so when you give a valet the valet key they can not access the trunk
i dont get that cant they just shut it off if you were to be a stealing valet

·
Registered
578 Posts
i dont get that cant they just shut it off if you were to be a stealing valet
It can only be activated or deactivated with a master key. The "valet" key will only work to run the engine. It does not have access to the glovebox or the trunk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts