SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!<P>I purchased a 2001 S40 about 4 weeks ago and totally love it. I am experiencing a few things which I am not sure whether to complain to my retailer's service department or not and was wondering if anyone on the board can provide some insight. I'm putting premium gasoline in the car and currently have about 1,700 miles on it.<P>Problem #1<BR>When the engine has just been started (and engine has been given 1-2 minutes of warm-up) the acceleration is quite sluggish. Taking my foot off the pedal results in deceleration equal to having the parking brake partially engaged (although, of course it is not - I'm just using this as an example). Once the car has been given a few miles of travel (3-5 miles) the problem disappears. Is this normal, the turbocharger just needing a bit to warm up, or should I have this looked at?<P>Problem #2<BR>I'm experiencing occassional rough idle when at stoplights - this doesn't occur every time, but will immediately disappear if I put the car into neutral (and will reappear if putting it back in drive).<P>Problem #3<BR>Possible electrical problem, especially noticable at night. When I have my turn signal on, I notice everytime the turn light on the dash is illuminated, all other dash lights dim slightly then return to normal when the arrow light turns off. I also notice that when I roll a window up or down while having the climate control fan on, I hear a strain on the electrical system. Anyone else experiencing this, am I too critical?<P>Thanks in advance for your help!!<P>Rob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Regarding problem 1 and 2<P>When your hard deseleration occurs or when you get a rough ride do you notice whether the rev counter drops to about 0 then bounces back to about 1000, then keep repaeting it self.<P>This problem happens on my car (S40 T4 1998) occasionally. This problem also happened on my previous T4 too. My Volvo agents have never been able to trace the problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts