SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Nice wheels!!! Racing Hart?

Well, that's my kinda wheels...love the way they look on your car. They got enough lips going on there....

·
Registered
477 Posts
bling bling. What's the tire size you have there?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys..... Some people were giving me some problems saying that I ruined my car because I put Japanese rims on my car but I'm pretty happy with it... I just need to get some lowering springs (other than the TME Springs I have now) to make it look better

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
i really like those rims with your car. at first i didn't really like the s/v40's but now i'm starting to come around. what does your car look like from the side?

every car made has japanese components on it somewhere. don't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
S40 owners are rather fortunate because of their bolt pattern. So many rims to choose from...
Those look really good!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup those are C2's. Hahaha... cruising down Kalakaua... How'd you know about that? Did you live in Hawaii before? Yeah but I try to stay away from that area because there are a lot of cops on that street and my car isn't really legal. I don't want tickets.

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by bmwmclaren:
Yup those are C2's. Hahaha... cruising down Kalakaua... How'd you know about that? Did you live in Hawaii before? Yeah but I try to stay away from that area because there are a lot of cops on that street and my car isn't really legal. I don't want tickets.
What size and offset are those? Nice lip! What I don't understand is how people rip on you for having Jap wheels on a Euro car? It's better than having all your car decked out and then riding on steel rims!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those are 18 x 7.5. I'm not sure of the exact offset.... but what do you guys really think? You think it matches my car even though it's a European car?

Even a cop that caught me and my friend racing thought my car was a Honda. (I also took off all the badges in the back so it looked like a Honda to him)

·
Registered
6,888 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by bmwmclaren:
Those are 18 x 7.5. I'm not sure of the exact offset.... but what do you guys really think? You think it matches my car even though it's a European car?

Even a cop that caught me and my friend racing thought my car was a Honda. (I also took off all the badges in the back so it looked like a Honda to him)
I think your car looks sweet in those rims. Don't worry what others think about your car. As long as you are happy with it, then that's all that matters. Either they are jealous of your car or don't know jack about it. I've seen enough GT-R emblems on Civics and Accords, it makes me want to puke.

·
Registered
4 Posts
just wondering what size tires you put on those beautiful rims? Looking to upgrade my own in fairly short order and I'm wondering what I can get away with on 18" rims - also wondering if you've had any problems with the tires rubbing since putting on the new shoes?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the kind and nice comments. I was kind of afraid to put up the pictures with Japanese rims, because my friends had told me they had gotten a lot of crap from the people up in the mainland (continental us) about putting Japanese rims on their Euros. I've only gotten good comments here... Thanks!

Well to answer your question those are Falken tires which are 215/35/18. With the 35 series tires, there is absoulely no problem with rubbing, even with the TME drop. I believe you will not have a problem with the 40 series tires also if you are planning on doing a TME drop.

Peace out and Aloha (goodbye in Hawaiian)!

·
Premium Member
6,997 Posts
They may be Japanese, but I don't particularly care. It's a very classic wheel design, probably most commonly seen on BBS products. I think it looks good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
George,
Thanks. I'm not sure if you got my e-mail, but I was interested in getting my car featured up on this site. I'm getting the MS Design Body Kit on my car next month, so I was wondering if I could get featured. As for now I have TME drop (but getting different springs to lower the car), Apex'i Boost Controller, Tint, 2 12" JL Subs, HIDS, Apex'i N1 Turbo exhuast, SE Sidemarker lamps, and the 18" Racing Hart Rims. Please let me know if it is possible.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts