SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will 225/40/r18 fit on a unlowered s40 2.4i?? im going to get them today if they will.

what is the bolt pattern on the s40? i have the five spoke 17s

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
I had the same question last week, but on a H&R lowered car... and I was told that there will be no rubbing, everything fits perfectly.

225/40 R18 http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

bolt pattern is 5x108

·
Registered
168 Posts
Re: new rims (gonefly)

Yes, that's what I am running. The bolt pattern is 5x108 if I remember off the top of my head. If you do lower your car, you may want to consider the rear adjustable camber arms.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Re: (gonefly)

Quote, originally posted by gonefly »
the bolt pattern on these is 5x114.3 and 4x114.3. will they fit?

Nope. As mentioned a few posts up, you need wheels with the 5x108 bolt pattern. And just about any 18" wheels with 225's will fit. The offset of the wheels is what you should be concerned about..

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (gonefly)

Quote, originally posted by gonefly »
the bolt pattern on these is 5x114.3 and 4x114.3. will they fit?

No, not without redrilling them, which isn't overly expensive but usually not worth it, and all depends on the face of the wheel: some 5x114 can't be done because the spoke/face design.

Also, not trying to be rude but I think you've been a member long enough now to say this:
Search is your best friend! You can find answers to 95% of the multiple questions you have been asking. We don't mind helping people find stuff out but they need to do their part to make sure it hasn't already been covered a bunch in past threads, which are available to be pulled up either via the search engine of the forum or if search is being stupid (which happens quite often) you can type into google something like "site:swedespeed.com s40 bolt pattern" or whatever your question is and it will search the forum for related info. There is a huge amount of information waiting to be read, anytime, any day, that answers most questions.
Good luck on finding a set of wheels you like for your car! Have you posted any pics of it yet? I like to see what people have done or have in mind for their car.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Re: (carreragt7)

Quote, originally posted by carreragt7 »

No, not without redrilling them, which isn't overly expensive but usually not worth it, and all depends on the face of the wheel: some 5x114 can't be done because the spoke/face design.

Also, not trying to be rude but I think you've been a member long enough now to say this:
Search is your best friend! You can find answers to 95% of the multiple questions you have been asking. We don't mind helping people find stuff out but they need to do their part to make sure it hasn't already been covered a bunch in past threads, which are available to be pulled up either via the search engine of the forum or if search is being stupid (which happens quite often) you can type into google something like "site:swedespeed.com s40 bolt pattern" or whatever your question is and it will search the forum for related info. There is a huge amount of information waiting to be read, anytime, any day, that answers most questions.
Good luck on finding a set of wheels you like for your car! Have you posted any pics of it yet? I like to see what people have done or have in mind for their car.

Bwahahaha. AJ, you made my day. I doubt you're a drinker but cheers to you just he same

Yeah, you've been a member here for all of 6 days now and you're asking a newb question like bolt patterns. You should be banned. Lol.

I'm totally kidding. Search is however everybody's friend. The SS search in lacking in many ways. Just use the Google Search on the top right of this screen and you will find just about all the answers you're looking for. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

Post a pic of what kind of wheels you're looking for and we should be able to point you in the right direction.

Modified by mad matt at 12:35 PM 7-22-2009

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: new rims (gonefly)

Had those tires prior to being lowered and now being lowered on evolves with cut rear coils and no issues other than extreme cornering in the rear. Should be totally fine.

As for the wheels post a pic to see if they are worth re-drilling

Oh and ima drinker Matt so ill take that

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Re: new rims (ForceFed Motorsports)

Quote, originally posted by ForceFed Motorsports »
Had those tires prior to being lowered and now being lowered on evolves with cut rear coils and no issues other than extreme cornering in the rear. Should be totally fine.

As for the wheels post a pic to see if they are worth re-drilling

Oh and ima drinker Matt so ill take that

When I waas lowered on H&R springs with 225x18" tires I had zero tire rub anywhere. Once I went to 235x18" tires I got slight tire rub in the rear when I was cornering hard or when I took any kinda corner with people in ith back.

Hahaha, I'll get ya a
wherever we stop for lunch at Mt. Baker. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: new rims (mad matt)

Damn, theres no stops on the way. We will have to pack a cooler

1 - 10 of 10 Posts