SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had the new rear bushings from Volvo put in with an alignment. I don't know if it's better or worse. Straightline seems better but turning or changing lanes seems jittery.. The alignment is fine. Trouble is I also went to the Goodyear F1's as well, running them at 36-37 psi. Anyone here, who has done the rear bushing "Fix", have a positive or negative opinion on it? It's been suggested that I play with the tire pressure as well(39-40 psi).

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: New Rear Bushing FIX..or did it? (pafox)

Quote, originally posted by pafox »
I just had the new rear bushings from Volvo put in with an alignment. I don't know if it's better or worse. Straightline seems better but turning or changing lanes seems jittery.. The alignment is fine. Trouble is I also went to the Goodyear F1's as well, running them at 36-37 psi. Anyone here, who has done the rear bushing "Fix", have a positive or negative opinion on it? It's been suggested that I play with the tire pressure as well(39-40 psi).

Did they do the SUM recalibration as well?

The fix did a little for me, but I HATE SUM Revision 4.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, no sum recalibration.....

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (pafox)

Quote, originally posted by pafox »
No, no sum recalibration.....

Good, don't get it.

It will make the car "softer" but NOT in a good way. Trust me, I did not listen to the good advice, and I wanted the car to respond to bumps a little softer. Well, the car still crashes over bumps, but now it's a bit wallowly on the straight ahead.

Did you get the F1's put on at the same time? Am I reading your post correctly?

Increasing the pressure, in my experience, has not helped with the hop. Decreasing has. I am running 35 psi (which is listed as the "light duty" pressure (meaning 2 passengers and light cargo)) on our V70R. Dropping from 36 to 35 made quite a difference.

I'm not running F1's so can't help you there, sorry.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (needsdecaf)

I had the F1's and new Ti Pegs put on a week ago..requested the alignment and told Volvo about the sidestepping so they recommended the bushings...all done under warranty... The F1's are grippy but maybe softer than I expected...

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Re: (pafox)

Did you have 17's before? If so, then the extra "jitteriness" is likely due to that. And yes, playing around with tire pressures has a noticeable effect on the side hop.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (R Salesman)

No, I had 18"s with Kumho ASX...Yeah, tomorrow morning I'll change the pressure....

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Re: (needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by needsdecaf »
Good, don't get it.

It will make the car "softer" but NOT in a good way. Trust me, I did not listen to the good advice, and I wanted the car to respond to bumps a little softer. Well, the car still crashes over bumps, but now it's a bit wallowly on the straight ahead.
I think you're referring to getting new SUM software, about which there has been much discussion regarding which "version" is best.

The calibration process takes just a few seconds in VADIS and simply sets the "zero" values for the various sensors to accomodate normal production variations from car to car and sensor to sensor. It should have no negative impact on the suspension performance, except by chance.

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: (mgotts)

Quote, originally posted by mgotts »

I think you're referring to getting new SUM software, about which there has been much discussion regarding which "version" is best.

The calibration process takes just a few seconds in VADIS and simply sets the "zero" values for the various sensors to accomodate normal production variations from car to car and sensor to sensor. It should have no negative impact on the suspension performance, except by chance.
]

Ah, you are right, that is exactly what I was referring to. Used the wrong term.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts