SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,310 Posts
Re: New R (Freeworld)

Quote, originally posted by Freeworld »
I heard a rumor that the S60R body is being redesigned for the 2007 model year. Is this correct? Are there any pictures out yet?

If you call THIS re-designed.

Modified by needsdecaf at 12:05 PM 5-17-2006

·
Registered
16,520 Posts

I doubt there will be any change to the R for '07. After all, it is a low volume seller that initially wasn't even planned to still be around in '07.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Re: New R (needsdecaf)

I think in TV show production terms, the S60 has "jumped the shark".

For some reason, fancy steering wheel trim changes also seem to happen somewhere around that time on many such models.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: New R (sgmlaw)

Quote, originally posted by sgmlaw »

For some reason, fancy steering wheel trim changes also seem to happen somewhere around that time on many such models.

BWAAAAAAA!!!!

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Re: New R (sgmlaw)

Quote, originally posted by sgmlaw »

no, no, no...you aren't noticing the lights integrated into the side mirrors which obviously make this a totally different car

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Re: New R (kenschel)

Absolutely. Those lights are good for like what...50 hp at the wheel yo!

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Hey, what the heck is 'grid aluminum'? I hope this is the hideous stuff they had on the C32 AMG a couple of years back (it was aluminum with black criss-cross lines on it for no good reason) that kept it from winning my heart against the R.

·
Registered
21,025 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Freeworld »
I heard a rumor that the S60R body is being redesigned for the 2007 model year. Is this correct? Are there any pictures out yet?

Go back to that dealer and tell him that you would like to place an order for this "redesign". And while you're at it, ask him if it comes with a V8 or turbo I6. If it does, tell him that you'll pay sticker price.

·
Registered
21,310 Posts
Re: (minorthr)

Quote, originally posted by minorthr »
I had a dealer tell me today there will not be an 07 R and if I wanted one I had to take what they had

Go back and ask what they'll give you on the price of an '07. Tell them that if you can prove one exists, that you'll walk out paying 10k below invoice.

Then show him a printout of their F*****G website for chrissake.

Do these people ever get their head out of their **s?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Re: (needsdecaf)

I actually got back to the guy today and told him it lists the prices for overseas delivery for the 07 R on Volvo's site. He then of course said well they were going to discontinue it but just decided to keep it going. Yeah like in the 5 hours since I spoke to him Volvo decided

So I'll scratch that dealer off my list.

·
Registered
21,025 Posts
Re: (minorthr)

Quote, originally posted by minorthr »
So I'll scratch that dealer off my list.

Performance strikes yet again?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Re: New R (needsdecaf)

Quote, originally posted by needsdecaf »

If you call THIS re-designed.

Modified by needsdecaf at 12:05 PM 5-17-2006

Nice link but that's not an R, is it

And with this quote they are telling us they'll further blur the differences between regular S60's and the R (if in fact you can get a MY2007 R with other than OSD):
"To further enhance the sporty tone, the instrument panel can be optionally specified with the same type of watch-like instruments introduced in the new Volvo S80 and that were previously the exclusive preserve of Volvo's sportiest model, the S60 R"
...and the runmor mill chugs on

LTA

·
Registered
21,310 Posts
Re: New R (LTA)

Quote, originally posted by LTA »

Nice link but that's not an R, is it

And with this quote they are telling us they'll further blur the differences between regular S60's and the R (if in fact you can get a MY2007 R with other than OSD):
"To further enhance the sporty tone, the instrument panel can be optionally specified with the same type of watch-like instruments introduced in the new Volvo S80 and that were previously the exclusive preserve of Volvo's sportiest model, the S60 R"
...and the runmor mill chugs on

LTA

No, it's not an R. But the 2007 R will be coming with the revised side mirrors shown on that car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.