SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Just got my Brother in Law's 05 R. Love it so far.

I used the search feature but cannot find an answer on this: My interior is the metallic Blue color. What is that called? And does anyone know where I can get dye to touch things up a bit?

I had a bad issue with it surging on acceleration and running rough. I searched and replaced the plugs (they were shot), it has a new MAF and air filter. When doing the plugs I removed the intake tube and found it was not clamped to the turbo (yeah that is an issue). I reattached it when I put the tube back in place. The car runs great now. But I still get a surge pulling away from a stop occasionally. And in the AM the idle runs high at first (as it should) then it settles to normal, but will occasionally rev up 500 RPM or so then drop back down.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Welcome! Hard to say without pictures .... (HINT!)

Surging can be a lot of things, boost related issues. If you had one unattached pipe, there might be others, including vacuum lines. There's a diagram on the bottom-right corner of your hood, use it to trace lines. Check all pressured air piping, though if one were loose it'd just blow off like mine did last week, lol.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Welcome, and yes, we need pics to make sure you're not driving a Camry :p. There could be some stored fault codes even without a CEL, so good to get those read to help diagnose.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did read something about the FPS. I will look for the DIY on it. The car has just shy of 80k on it. And it is still under Volvo CPO. But with a $250 deductible it is probably easier to replace myself.

I will go get the codes pulled as there is NO CEL. It came from FL to CO so it is probably having issues with lack of air :)

Anyone have "Nordkap" successfully touched up?

And as per request. Will get better pictures soon

·
Registered
139 Posts
You didn't say in your initial post that it was a VR! Congrats!! When I bought mine in 05, I desperately wanted a VR, but the sales guy talked me out of it. He had 3 SR's and 3 VR's, but all 3 SR's were blacksapph/nordkap, so I think he wanted to unload them. Had I known that 5 years later I would be a dad, I would have resisted the massive discount he gave me and bought the VR anyway. Totally regret not having a VR. So again, congrats!

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Nice R you have there! Where in Colorado are you?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
$250 deductable? We didnt have that with our cpo's....wonder if it changed recently?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am in Aurora. Off Chambers and Parker.

I have spoken with Kevin and will order the leather kit.

It has a new MAF and the Coils looked good. I am going to go get her scanned. And R.Photo I will PM you on the FPS.

Ron, I am going to call and confirm. That is just what my brother in law said. I thought 250 was high for a deductible myself. :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
LOL 250 is HIGH... Hah. Mine's 1000 and I can barely afford it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts