SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My name is Jason Stayner from Colorado Springs. I recently purchased a 2004 S60R from a friend of mine. I got off Active Duty in November 2005 and owned a '05 F-150 w/6" lift and 35" tires. Well, I soon got my Real Estate license and decided that was going to be my new full time career. Unfortunately, the big truck killed me in gas, so I started thinking of getting a new car. I wanted something sporty, luxurious enough for real estate but also enough power to get out of it's own way. Well, luckily, a buddy of mine was selling his car so that he could qualify to buy a house. I knew him from work at the base but had never seen his car.....I just knew it was "supposedly" nice and pretty quick. Well, I called him to find out what he had....he said, I am selling my 2004 Volvo. Honestly, I laughed! I had never seen a Volvo R before and when I think of Volvo, I think of boxy, elderly driven vehicles. Due to that comment, he told me to meet him to look at it. I said, "Okay" thinking I would just go see it and be done. Wow, was I wrong. This car was gorgeous! It had all the looks and sophistication of a higher end car with lots of power, for much less! One test drive and I was hooked. I bought it 4 days later and STILL had my other truck! Luckily, my truck sold fast and now I am a proud new owner of a Volvo S60R. I absolutely love this car and my decision. I am new to Swedespeed but have spent the past couple nights reading everyone's comments on upgrades and nuances. I look forward to participating on this site and learning more about the R and all the upgrades!

Jason

2004 S60R, Black Sapphire Metallic, Nordkap leather, 6MT, Navigation, Premium Sound & Climate Package

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Re: New R Owner in Colorado - Also new to Swedespeed! (jayzurnova)

Welcome and congratulations. The car is a lot of fun to drive and you are in the right spot to hear about all the ups and downs of it's ownership. By far the biggest complaint you are going to hear about the car and most likely experience it yourself (spare the lucky NC boys & gals) is having to deal with the dealerships.

Good luck and there is a wealth of knowledge here on the forum. To find it you will have to use the search function. It can be a bit cumbersome but once you get the hang of it you will find that 90% the topics have been discussed before.

http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Welcome and Congrats!

Let us know about the specs & color combo.

P.S. Don't let the anti-2004 comments get to you if you have read them by now. 2004's are still awesome! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: New R Owner in Colorado - Also new to Swedespeed! (needsdecaf)

2004 S60R, Black Sapphire Metallic, Nordkap leather, 6MT, 18" Pegs, Navigation, Premium Sound & Climate Package

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: New R Owner in Colorado - Also new to Swedespeed! (jayzurnova)

Hey Jayz,

I see you found swedespeed as well. A bit more active than the other board wouldn't you say.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Re: New R Owner in Colorado - Also new to Swedespeed! (Tantrum)

Welcome. I own a 2004 R as well. If you got one of the "good ones" you will love it for many years to come. If you would like to know what you can do to yours, do a search (in the search field) under " the #1 reason I bought a volvo" you will find a full write up a my R. Only view this thread if you want to DO a few things to your car. If you want to keep it stock,DONT LOOK! Because a similar thread was offered to me when mine was new. The rest is history! Good luck, stay safe and have fun! Rick

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: New R Owner in Colorado - Also new to Swedespeed! (Turbo Chad)

YEAH! I am all for a Colorado GTG.....I actually got in touch with Tantrum and was thinking of meeting him up by the Boulder Brewing Co.....but anywhere would be awesome. Let me know!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm in for a CO GTG, Boulder would be cool but, I'd even drive to the Springs if the timing was good.

Matt

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Welcome. I have a Flash Green 04 V70 R here in the Springs.

I organized a GTG last year and it is time for another.

Anyone interested please respond.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.