SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
I finally pulled the trigger on a 2004 R 6MT with 57,000 miles and extended warranty until the end of the year. I bought it from a serious older gentleman who babied the car a lot - I think I got lucky.
I'm a Volvo guy and used to own a pretty heavily modified S40 (some of you know me and have even met me in person during NYC and FL meets). I've got a few mods planned in the future.

Can you guys help me with the following:
OEM spark plugs part #
What K&N filter to buy? (I want a drop-in)
IS there a cheaper place than myswedishparts.com to buy the OEM body kit?
Aluminum pedals - where to buy and which ones are good? (ipd? heico?)

Anyways, enjoy the pics.

Photo of my old car

Now, the new car (car has an EST exhaust on)

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Re: New R owner here (tomedkaz)

Hey Tom....welcome to the 'R' forum.
Check out the North East Regional forum for our next GTG.
Did you get that car from Charles Fisher(whyknot1)?

http://www.vivaperformance.com...t.php

K&N

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: New R owner here (pafox)

Thanks Guys

Yes, I did get the car from Charlie - a great guy. I'll continue his legacy

By the way, I want to put HID's in my fog lights; does anyone have a link? I'm not sure about the wattage

Also, I think I'll get 2005+ tail lights

thanks

·
Registered
2,070 Posts

I've got the 35W...H3 5K ... I believe
double check the bulb type but I think thats it...
the bulb is the same its the ballast that changes the wattage so if you don't like it you can always just change out the ballast.....

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Link to air filter from IPD's website: Link
Buying it directly from K&N is cheaper! Beware, K&N lists the WRONG number on their website, the filter listed will fit EST's open air filter kit, not the stock airbox. Make sure to get filter E-2019, not E-4410.

There are a few options for pedals: Link

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Re: (m3nt0s)

Congrats Tommy!!! I'm really glad you ended up getting the R!

Volvo For Life!

·
Premium Member
6,532 Posts

When the pic of your S40 popped up, I thought..."dude, that's not even an S60...let alone an R...someone screwed with you." Then, of course, I read "my old car". lol Doh! It was a nice looking S40 though!

Congrats and enjoy your new-to-you ride!

-Eric

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
Re: New R owner here (Sue Esponte)

That's probably one of the best older S40's I've ever seen - I can't wait to see what you do to the "R" as well http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

As Pete said, check the regionals. The weather is turning and we've got a great local bunch!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Muhahahaha! Another R owner that has been bitten by the mod bug (I've admired your 40 on another board). Selfishly, it helps that you have the exact same car as I do so I can get a "preview" of what your end product looks like.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Congrats man! I loved your S40 and it was pretty quick too. Now that you have the "R" I won't recognize you when you pass through Brandon/Tampa so make sure you blast the horn at me.

Jerome

·
6,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (B.G.)

Thank you guys for all the comments. The S40 was quick, but its auto transmission really bugged me. I plan on lowering eventually, but I'm just not convinced to the springs. I went on the KW site and I noticed that they make V2 coilovers but I have yet to see anyone install them in an R. Either way, the car will have to be lower one day.

Jerome - I'm no longer in Tampa - I'm back in NY now (Tampa was just a one-year deal for me). I'll drive down there in a few months and I'll be sure to let you know when I come down - perhaps we'll have a mini meet.

Hehehe Brandon...I never said it was.... I always liked your yellow!! Btw, I hope you're making it to Carslile this year

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Re: (B.G.)

Nice car!

I don't like old fashioned odometers/speedometers. They looks so 90's without the floaty needles and screens in the middle.

Go RARRRR in your RR!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.