SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy! I just picked up a base S40 on the new lease special available to Ford employees (I know, I wanted a T5 AWD, but with getting married next month, I couldn't pass this deal up
).

It's been great so far aside from what to appears to be a power steering problem. I heard it right when I left the lot. Turn right and an extermely loud screeching sound comes fromt he front driver's side of the car. It saounds simillar to worn out pads on rotors or an excessive build up of brake dust, but It happens when turning right only, whether braking or not

Anyway, the dealership experience has been great and they are gonna look at the car when I bring it by today. We'll see what happens...

Glad to have the car...even if it is the base model...

·
Registered
694 Posts
Re: New Owner (lonestar)

Glad your dealership sounds good... wait until you actually bring it in for service for problems, though. You may have a rude awakening, but I genuinely hope you that you have a good service department at your dealer.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Re: New Owner (GoSwedeRacer)

Hi, congrats on the new car

The squeal sounds like the splash guard behind the disc rubbing on the disc - I think the trick is to pul the top of it outwarsd in order to get the bottom moving inwards away from the disc - it doesn't take much force and it's a 5 second fix.

Rich

·
Premium Member
9,303 Posts
Re: New Owner (Marmoset)

While you're in there, be sure they took off the white plastic shipping cover!

Tom.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: New Owner (Marmoset)

Quote, originally posted by Marmoset »
Hi, congrats on the new car

The squeal sounds like the splash guard behind the disc rubbing on the disc

Rich

Good call. A frosty one to Marmoset
Dealer fixed it. Still great experience. They said they wanted to call me today to set up an appointment to install Bluetooth in my car for free. I thought the promotion this month only applied to the more expensive Sweedish motors, but I'll gladly add this bit of gadetry unless you guys have any reason to object.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Re: New Owner (lonestar)

Quote, originally posted by lonestar »
Good call. A frosty one to Marmoset
Dealer fixed it. Still great experience. They said they wanted to call me today to set up an appointment to install Bluetooth in my car for free. I thought the promotion this month only applied to the more expensive Sweedish motors, but I'll gladly add this bit of gadetry unless you guys have any reason to object.

Do itttt, free bluetooth?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts