SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded my 2008 E92 BMW M3 (70K+ miles) for a 2016 S60 P* and I'm really pleased with the car and its performance. Just got back from Daytona Beach where I drove to the SCCA National Runoffs. The car received a lot of attention (all favorable) there over the week while parked in the paddock. Most were not aware Volvo even made such a car. The car is a real magnet for attention with people being drawn in by the color, front end, wheels and brakes and then wanting to know more about it. Still getting used to all the automation and enhancements. The owner's manual is getting lots of use, far more than any other car I've owned.

My wife has been driving Volvo wagons for 20 years. So now we're a two Volvo family (2015.5 XC70 and the Polestar). Seems strange not seeing a BMW (a couple of M3's over 12 years) in the garage next to her car, but I'll get used to it. I look forward to participating with folks on the swedespeed forum as appropriate.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Congratulations and welcome!!! My Polestar wagon represents my first Volvo (so I don't have the Volvo heritage of your household), but I've had 5 M cars and can relate on that front. Something tells me you are going to like it ;) Looking forward to hearing more about your impressions and P* journey!

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Congrats and know you're welcome here!

·
Registered
2021 Inscription Recharge - 2021 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
1,739 Posts
Congrats! We still have a BMW in the stable but without question, the P* is top of the heap. It has actually been startling to me how much attention this car gets from everyone. Not something I expected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts