SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

First post! I picked up my 07 on Monday. It's got 94K on it and has a few issues, but I'm enjoying it so far. I have a ton of questions. I tried googling some, but I guess I'm not wording my searches right.

1. Where exactly am I supposed to spray lubricant for the passenger door unlatching issue? If anyone has pictures I'd appreciate it. I thought I sprayed the lock good enough, but it came undone 3 times on my drive to work this morning.
  2. Will a catback from a c30/s40/v50 work? It's hard to find something for just the C70. This car is too quiet!
  3. Anyone have a phone mounting solution that they'd like to share? My phone with case is just a smidge too wide to fit in the cup-holder standing up. Was thinking of getting something to mount to the right of the hvac panel
  4. My outside temperature gauge read as 48 this morning. Is that easy to replace?
  5. The flip up storage compartment on the passenger door doesn't want to open with the door card pressed all the way in. has anyone ran into this before?
  6. Anyone running aftermarket wheels? The ones i have on there are a pain in the ass to clean. Might throw the rims from my focus on for giggles, but I think a 5 spoke like the s60r rims might look best.

Here's a few pics!:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm not crazy about the vent-phone mount I got, but the top mount I had won't adhere due to the textured surface. Mine pulls the vent louvers down from the weight of the phone, so I'm still looking for a better solution. I use the phone nav regularly and like having the phone visible for other stuff. This is the first car I've owned that has bluetooth, and I use it for calls all the time.

·
Registered
248 Posts
CD phone mount

I'm not crazy about the vent-phone mount I got, but the top mount I had won't adhere due to the textured surface. Mine pulls the vent louvers down from the weight of the phone, so I'm still looking for a better solution. I use the phone nav regularly and like having the phone visible for other stuff. This is the first car I've owned that has bluetooth, and I use it for calls all the time.
I have tried so many over the years-
This is the best. I don't use my CD player much. It's out of the way and I can look at dashboard height without looking down and away from the road.
Check this out- it's a refurb version link-but they have new ones. Very solid. Mind never fell off- good company also.

https://www.scosche.com/cd-slot-magnetic-mount-refurbished

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried so many over the years-
This is the best. I don't use my CD player much. It's out of the way and I can look at dashboard height without looking down and away from the road.
Check this out- it's a refurb version link-but they have new ones. Very solid. Mind never fell off- good company also.

https://www.scosche.com/cd-slot-magnetic-mount-refurbished
My buddy has one of those in his car. thats a good idea!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I had the door unlocking/unlatching issue and it required replacement of door latch mechanism. I know that is not the answer you want to hear. I was still under warranty at the time. If there is any way to put lubricant/grease/lithium on the action inside the door you may have better luck.
I think of the door card as the panel on which the door hardware sits and which covers the door completely. I think you mean the storage compartment cover. One part is open and one with a door which opens with a pull upward. I have not read about this issue in my 6 years here. Nor do I recall the temperature sensor on the bottom of the driver wing mirror mentioned, but my memory lately...

·
Registered
164 Posts
For the temp reading, I have found the issue to be in the driver door harness. If you open the door, you will see a harness connector near the hinge. Lift up on the upper slotted part and the whole thing should pop off. I sprayed it with contact cleaner and scrubbed with a brush to get the connection clean. I have replaced the sensor (unnecessarily) and it isn't a huge deal. Another place that caused me grief in the temp reading was at the CEM. One of the plugs was dirty. This was causing many other issues though including false SRS warnings, wipers coming on randomly, etc.

I still would opt to check the connection at the door. It is easy to get to and can save you some trouble taking the side mirror apart. I would guess that is where your issue is.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi All!

First post! I picked up my 07 on Monday. It's got 94K on it and has a few issues, but I'm enjoying it so far. I have a ton of questions.
Looks like some similarities for us. I flew to Connecticut last Saturday and I really enjoy it.

Owner took it to a Bosch Center for me and I paid for a one hour inspection. Only issue we didn't fix was that they said shocks were shot. Drove home 500+ miles with no problems. Started thinking if shocks are bad what about struts. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the door unlocking/unlatching issue and it required replacement of door latch mechanism. I know that is not the answer you want to hear. I was still under warranty at the time. If there is any way to put lubricant/grease/lithium on the action inside the door you may have better luck.
I think of the door card as the panel on which the door hardware sits and which covers the door completely. I think you mean the storage compartment cover. One part is open and one with a door which opens with a pull upward. I have not read about this issue in my 6 years here. Nor do I recall the temperature sensor on the bottom of the driver wing mirror mentioned, but my memory lately...
Do you know which part that would be here: https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2007/volvo/c70/t5-trim/2-5l-l5-gas-engine/body-cat/door-scat

Correct, if the whole fabric panel is pushed in all the way, the storage compartment doesnt open at all. if the bottom of the whole panel is undone, it works, but it's rough. I'm going to take a look at it when i replace the latch.
Cool. I'll give those a look over
For the temp reading, I have found the issue to be in the driver door harness. If you open the door, you will see a harness connector near the hinge. Lift up on the upper slotted part and the whole thing should pop off. I sprayed it with contact cleaner and scrubbed with a brush to get the connection clean. I have replaced the sensor (unnecessarily) and it isn't a huge deal. Another place that caused me grief in the temp reading was at the CEM. One of the plugs was dirty. This was causing many other issues though including false SRS warnings, wipers coming on randomly, etc.

I still would opt to check the connection at the door. It is easy to get to and can save you some trouble taking the side mirror apart. I would guess that is where your issue is.
Ill clean that off and see if that fixes things thanks. What's a CEM?
Looks like some similarities for us. I flew to Connecticut last Saturday and I really enjoy it.

Owner took it to a Bosch Center for me and I paid for a one hour inspection. Only issue we didn't fix was that they said shocks were shot. Drove home 500+ miles with no problems. Started thinking if shocks are bad what about struts. Any thoughts?
I thought shocks and struts were the same thing?

·
Registered
234 Posts
The repair order says this for parts replaced:
83452-2 Central Locking Motor Front Side Door

31253673 Lock
31253666 Lock

Replacement parts on my 2011 plus isopropanol, drip protection and spline grease with part numbers for those also.
1.1 hours labor per door.

Also says 83119 Replace door locks but I think that may be the labor designation, not a part. I cannot say for sure

·
Registered
164 Posts
Do you know which part that would be here: https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2007/volvo/c70/t5-trim/2-5l-l5-gas-engine/body-cat/door-scat

Correct, if the whole fabric panel is pushed in all the way, the storage compartment doesnt open at all. if the bottom of the whole panel is undone, it works, but it's rough. I'm going to take a look at it when i replace the latch.

Cool. I'll give those a look over

Ill clean that off and see if that fixes things thanks. What's a CEM?

I thought shocks and struts were the same thing?
CEM is Central Electronic Module. It is located under passenger footwell.

·
Registered
248 Posts
A Strut is the entire suspension assembly. The shock is the insert into the strut assembly.
The rear shocks are shocks.
When you buy from front shocks you buy the insert that goes into the strut.
Hope this helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts