SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

My car has been in my possession for a week now and I have a couple of questions that I would appreciate if the community can help answer.

1- Why doesn't car always detect the lane I'm in. This causes lane-keep aid not to work all the time. I think as long as there are lanes the system should be alert.
2- What does it mean when auto pilot asks me to "Apply Steering"?
3- It has happened twice where the tailgate doesn't open all the way and requires reprogramming. What may cause this?
4- I just noticed that I can see a portion of my rear license plate with my reverse camera. I'm not sure if this has been the case since day one and I just noticed it or not, hence the question: Is this normal?
5- when I got home from the dealer upon delivery, I noticed a black foam thingy (8"x4" maybe)with a yellow side (sticky under it maybe?). Has anybody seen those? What is it doing in my glovebox? Is it meant for something?

Thank you

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hello

My car has been in my possession for a week now and I have a couple of questions that I would appreciate if the community can help answer.

1- Why doesn't car always detect the lane I'm in. This causes lane-keep aid not to work all the time. I think as long as there are lanes the system should be alert.
2- What does it mean when auto pilot asks me to "Apply Steering"?
3- It has happened twice where the tailgate doesn't open all the way and requires reprogramming. What may cause this?
4- I just noticed that I can see a portion of my rear license plate with my reverse camera. I'm not sure if this has been the case since day one and I just noticed it or not, hence the question: Is this normal?
5- when I got home from the dealer upon delivery, I noticed a black foam thingy (8"x4" maybe)with a yellow side (sticky under it maybe?). Has anybody seen those? What is it doing in my glovebox? Is it meant for something?

Thank you
1- The dotted lanes are easiest for the camera system to read. Also, the markings have to be very clear. Worn or vague paint will not work.
2- The Pilot Assist and Adaptive Cruise are NOT MEANT to drive the car for you, they are there to HELP you. If the XC90 detects that you are not at least paying attention by having a grip on the steering wheel, the system will shut off. It will only allow you to "LOOK MOM, NO HANDS" show off for a short period at a time.
3- I assume this only happens with the foot operation, correct? If you don't get out of the way by stepping back quickly enough, the sensors will stop the action.
4- This is absolutely normal...the plate simply is in the camera's field of vision
5- NO IDEA....can you upload a photo of it?

·
Registered
277 Posts
#5...That may be what's placed on the doors during shipping to avoid dings. Removed during dealer prep.

·
Registered
258 Posts
For the auto pilot "apply steering" it's just making sure you are paying attention. You don't have to actually steer. I just occasionally apply small pressure on the wheel in either direction. Not enough to actually steer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts