SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just took delivery today of a 2015.5 Volvo V60 T5 drive E with platinum and climate packages and BLIS. It is a Volvo certified and is less than 3 months old with less than 800 miles on it.

It has the 17" sadia wheels with 235/45/17 tires. I am eager to put 18" rims on it and am considering either 18 x 8 or 18 x 8.5 rims by Volvo or possibly jaguar or other 18" OEM wheels with a center bore of 63.4mm and offset between 45-55.

Volvo offers several 18" wheels as an option for this car and specifically uses the 235/40/18 size tires with a V speed rating which is a diameter variance of only 0.29% compared to the 17's. I would like to go up just slightly to a 245/40/18 and a higher speed rating, probably "W". The diameter variance of my preferred size is 1.5%. My goals are better looks of tire/wheels AND possibly better braking power which I believe the wider "stickier" tires will help with.

Will this create problems for me in terms of my Volvo certified warranty or having the dealer service it? Any other comments, suggestions or advice from any of you? The suspension is obviously the standard suspension and I have no plans to change that.
Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
Will not impact your certified warranty.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts