SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that there is a favorites tab that will list all of my favorite stations regardless of if they are XM, FM or AM. I like that. My question is if I want to change sources on the steering wheel, the scroll buttons go through all of the stations if I use them. I would like for them to only go to my favorites. For instance, if I switch to FM using the steering wheel, then pressing the right arrow should go to my next preset, not the next frequency. Maybe that is just not possible.

2019 XC90 T-6 AWD R-Design

·
Registered
382 Posts
Pressing the left/right arrows on our steering wheel does cycle through the FM radio favorites, though I don't pretend to understand the logic of Sensus. Maybe changing sources with the steering wheel screws this up. I wouldn't know, because we use the touchscreen to change sources. You might try that and see if you have a different result.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Yeah, Favorites is not a source option via the right steering wheel button selector. You need to select Favorites via the main Sensus screen, and then you can use the left and right steering wheel buttons should scroll through your favorites regardless of source. This has always been a hole in the controls that they have never "fixed".

Advancing through Favorites used to work much better for me. I'm not sure if it's a gremlin in our original MY '16 or something that changed in a sw update. However moving through the Favorites is now very inconsistent in our XC90. Our Favorites are arranged in chunks, FM stations then Sirius. Sometimes scrolling with the left & right buttons bypasses the Sirius stations all together and goes back to the beginning of FM. Also, I have HD radio enabled for FM and sometimes it skips stations. I have considered a master SW reset, and wonder if some of these gremlins would't go away if I upgraded to a 2019.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah, Favorites is not a source option via the right steering wheel button selector. You need to select Favorites via the main Sensus screen, and then you can use the left and right steering wheel buttons should scroll through your favorites regardless of source. This has always been a hole in the controls that they have never "fixed".

Advancing through Favorites used to work much better for me. I'm not sure if it's a gremlin in our original MY '16 or something that changed in a sw update. However moving through the Favorites is now very inconsistent in our XC90. Our Favorites are arranged in chunks, FM stations then Sirius. Sometimes scrolling with the left & right buttons bypasses the Sirius stations all together and goes back to the beginning of FM. Also, I have HD radio enabled for FM and sometimes it skips stations. I have considered a master SW reset, and wonder if some of these gremlins would't go away if I upgraded to a 2019.
This is a problem I have had with my 2016 since the beginning. Ive only seen it mentioned a couple of times so I think it must only affect a few unlucky folks. If I pause to listen(even only a couple of seconds)when scrolling through favorites nine times out of ten it will take me back to the beginning of the list when I start scrolling again. I then have to go through all the stations I just went through seconds earlier just to get back where I was and move on through the list. Heaven forbid I pause again, it restarts the whole process. Its infuriating and no update since 2016 has been able to correct it. I have reset them, alternated the order, tried anything I could think of to make it simply scroll but it refuses.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is a problem I have had with my 2016 since the beginning. Ive only seen it mentioned a couple of times so I think it must only affect a few unlucky folks. If I pause to listen(even only a couple of seconds)when scrolling through favorites nine times out of ten it will take me back to the beginning of the list when I start scrolling again. I then have to go through all the stations I just went through seconds earlier just to get back where I was and move on through the list. Heaven forbid I pause again, it restarts the whole process. Its infuriating and no update since 2016 has been able to correct it. I have reset them, alternated the order, tried anything I could think of to make it simply scroll but it refuses.
I bought a 2017 CPO last year and this is how it's always been for me and I absolutely hate it. When you scroll through you'll see the station highlighted. You have to hit next before it's not longer highlighted otherwise it starts from the top again. Does anyone know if this is a setting change somewhere because I haven't been able to find it. My dealer is 45 minutes away so it's not worth driving there just for this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts