SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new 2019 xc90 T6 R design last Wednesday for my wife. She’s been driving this whole time. Today is the first day I actually drives the car and I’ve notice the steering wheel isn’t straight. Car drives straight but it looks like the steering wheel didn’t get put in correctly. When driving straight the steering is about 10• to the left. I purchased the car about 2 hours away and not going to find time to go back there. So I’ve contact the local Volvo dealer. They flat out tell me they can’t help me since they not the selling dealer. So I contacted customer support and they opened a case for me. Advise to schedule an appointment with local dealer and they will check it out. Love the car but having these issues upon delivery sucks!

·
Registered
702 Posts
There are ignorant dealers with any brand. We’ve found the dealers around here mostly accommodating even though we didn’t buy from them.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I would think that the repair would be a warranty claim so your local dealership will be paid for the repair. When I brought my XC40 in for its first service the service advisor did ask if I bought the vehicle from them. Maybe they track that?

Did your local dealer not have the vehicle you wanted or wouldn’t work with you to get it?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
So did you contact them by phone? Or did you actually drive in to the dealer? Was the person who denied you service the Service Advisor? No offense, if the steering wheel is off center then that constitutes an alignment issue. You are in warranty and should be able to have that adjusted. Typically in the first 12,000 miles or first year most all auto manufacturers will provide adjustments to the car. Perhaps it is the way you presented the issue. Like...I just picked up my new car and the steering wheel is off. Whom ever might ask you where you just picked up the car and suggest you go back as they did not perform the pre-delivery correctly. Also you suggest that you picked up the car? Why did you not notice the steering wheel being off? Or did your wife first drive it? Why did she not notice it? You are not very clear. I am absolutely amazed at the issues that come up on this forum.

·
Registered
297 Posts
So did you contact them by phone? Or did you actually drive in to the dealer? Was the person who denied you service the Service Advisor? No offense, if the steering wheel is off center then that constitutes an alignment issue. You are in warranty and should be able to have that adjusted. Typically in the first 12,000 miles or first year most all auto manufacturers will provide adjustments to the car. Perhaps it is the way you presented the issue. Like...I just picked up my new car and the steering wheel is off. Whom ever might ask you where you just picked up the car and suggest you go back as they did not perform the pre-delivery correctly. Also you suggest that you picked up the car? Why did you not notice the steering wheel being off? Or did your wife first drive it? Why did she not notice it? You are not very clear. I am absolutely amazed at the issues that come up on this forum.
Yea honestly I love my wife to death but she would not notice this either. It is crazy the amount of crazy issues this car has. People’s brand new cars won’t even start. SMH

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes. My wife did not notice anything at all. It took me a few since i was busy playing with all the features in the car. So I called the selling dealer and requested a loaner and spend the 4 hour round trip to get it done. Just hate having these issues with a brand new car. I have also notice the 2nd row middle seat belt is twisted which is also fixed with this visit.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Seems like it requires resetting/programming the centerpoint/angle sensor so that the steering wheel is level and then doing a wheel alignment. At least that’s what it would be in a P-car and it’s likely from a sloppy alignment where a tech didn’t keep the wheel level before beginning an alignment. It is a frustrating cosmetic flaw but not a serious problem. It would also irritate me to no end, too! I hope it’s solved for you without much back and forth and it’s too bad the local dealer didn’t look at it for you. Had you called the service department for an appointment or did you first go into a whole explanation of new delivery? Alignments are covered for the first year.

·
Registered
5,037 Posts
Just picked up my new 2019 xc90 T6 R design last Wednesday for my wife. She’s been driving this whole time. Today is the first day I actually drives the car and I’ve notice the steering wheel isn’t straight. Car drives straight but it looks like the steering wheel didn’t get put in correctly. When driving straight the steering is about 10• to the left. I purchased the car about 2 hours away and not going to find time to go back there. So I’ve contact the local Volvo dealer. They flat out tell me they can’t help me since they not the selling dealer. So I contacted customer support and they opened a case for me. Advise to schedule an appointment with local dealer and they will check it out. Love the car but having these issues upon delivery sucks!
It doesn't matter what dealer sold the car, the warranty applies nationwide.

When I brought my XC40 in for its first service the service advisor did ask if I bought the vehicle from them. Maybe they track that?
He probably asked so he knew whether the car's info would be in their system or not. If it was sold there, the info should be in there and can be pulled up with the last 6 or 8 of the VIN. If it wasn't, then he has to manually enter it all amd create a new customer the first time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts