SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 611 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new ride (and new to the forums!)

Picked it up this weekend from the BMW/Mercedes dealership in des moines. XC60 R-design in passion red. No question the best car for the money in what I was looking for! Without further ado! (Carwash tomorrow, sorry for the bugs lol):

Coming from a G35 on coilovers, I am looking at getting the H&R springs, elevate tune, foglight add, and rear sway bar.

Kevin from KS.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Very nice. Wish we had only 30K on ours...another 1200 mile trip coming this weekend.(53K and counting). Hows come you don't have fogs?(2010, yes?)

It has been the buggiest year of the 4+ we've been in Texas(good spring rains) and I reckon I'll pick up a few more on the trip to Mississippi this weekend :) . It's a never-ending quest to keep the critters off the vehicles, that's for sure!

Take a look at the center grill badge...ours peeled off some time ago...service guy says he'll take care of it even though we're out of warranty. Right now, we're running 'stealth' with just the silver emblem(I actually ordered two, one stock and one blue/yellow, but I managed to order the smaller size :( oops ).

Nice pics and welcome to the forum! Lots of great information from the good folks here!:thumbup:

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've gotten to drive my wife's a few more times in the last couple of weeks and I have to admit I definitely enjoy driving it. It is, as my wife puts it, "easy". It is small enough that it doesn't feel ponderous and the mid-range torque means acceleration is drama free. Washed it yesterday and 2 thumbs up for passion red!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am getting to the fogs geeze! I got the car YESTERDAY!

:)

·
Registered
134 Posts

I think he meant he was surprised that fogs weren't already on it since it's a 2010. Fogs have been a hotly debated item on this forum for those of us who have later model years. We are all very envious of the 2010 owners who got OEM fogs. ;)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think he meant he was surprised that fogs weren't already on it since it's a 2010. Fogs have been a hotly debated item on this forum for those of us who have later model years. We are all very envious of the 2010 owners who got OEM fogs. ;)
Gotcha. Yeah it should be done within 2-3 weeks. I am meticulous so I will be very detailed with my installation.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts

Indeedy...didn't mean you should run out and install them...I just figured they would already be there. ;) It's one of the trade-offs for not having Polestar or Sensus, I reckon :) .

Interesting...on TexasGunTalk, a fellow in Lubbock was looking for something more adventure capable compared to the G35 he was trading...ended up getting the ubiquitous F-150 extra cab!!! I TRIED and TRIED...he thought the XC60 was too FANCY!!! :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh and I forgot to mention the motivation behind my purchase. I have adopted a 4 year old girl who came with my now fiance. We got engaged just a bit ago.

Also, my family is full of volvo whores:

2006 S60R - brother, black on ice blue interior, loaded
2008 S80 - Dad, sand color with tan interior. Pretty nice car, got me looking into volvos again.
2009 XC90 - Mom, white on tan interior, loaded. Love this for road trips. Mileage could be better on the 3.2.
2009 S40 - Sister, "puff blue" with tan interior. Baren, but my sister doesnt care. She loves it!

And now mine :). Now my mom needs a C70, and we will almost have every volvo made! (I dont much prefer the 30's, especially considering my G35 was SO much faster than the T5 C30).

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Big congrats, on all fronts 10PassionRed.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Congrats on the 'additional passengers' :) ! And, yes...SOMEbody in the family needs a C70 !!! We're on our THIRD ! '04, '08, '11

·
Registered
42 Posts
You should get rid of the BMW license plate holder.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Indeedy...didn't mean you should run out and install them...I just figured they would already be there. ;) It's one of the trade-offs for not having Polestar or Sensus, I reckon :) .

Interesting...on TexasGunTalk, a fellow in Lubbock was looking for something more adventure capable compared to the G35 he was trading...ended up getting the ubiquitous F-150 extra cab!!! I TRIED and TRIED...he thought the XC60 was too FANCY!!! :)
Oh, MY!! How I laughed!! I lived in Lubbock for almost 15 years (worked at TTU) and that sounds JUST LIKE someone from there. Oddly enough I miss West Texas like crazy. Especially the low humidity.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Just noticed a new (paper plates) white S60 T5 in the parking lot at work today...they are sprouting up everywhere!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Sweet! Are two tone seat still available in the R Design? I didn't think they were....

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sweet! Are two tone seat still available in the R Design? I didn't think they were....
There is one here in KC (2012) that is this exact combo. I think they are still available.

Kevin

PS. Thanks for the comments, I feel so welcomed to the crew :).

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
SO a quick update. I have always had tint all around my cars minus the windshield, and i sent it in to the tint company I use frequently and the called me with the intial readings --- 11% allowed through. This is insanity, the legal limit in KS is 35% minimum all around. I am having him install 15% on the front windows to match, but HOLY COW volvo didnt mess around with tinting the dang thing, 25% was what I had on my old car and that was plenty for me. I am more concerned about a consistent look than being legal though. :)

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Nice!!!!! Enjoy........

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Very nice. WE wish we had a seriously tinted windshield after driving 500 miles into the western afternoon sun today! Was above 100 degrees for 7 hours of the trip...106 when we got home! The XC earned some special treatment after that!(In addition to scraping off three states worth of bugs!) 23.8 mpg for the 1200 mile round-trip(included ~50 miles of in-town driving).

·
Registered
837 Posts
Very nice. WE wish we had a seriously tinted windshield after driving 500 miles into the western afternoon sun today! Was above 100 degrees for 7 hours of the trip...106 when we got home! The XC earned some special treatment after that!(In addition to scraping off three states worth of bugs!) 23.8 mpg for the 1200 mile round-trip(included ~50 miles of in-town driving).
Man Coach, I am right there with you. We were driving around all day yesterday into the sun too (first triple digit day for us this year) and while we knew the XC's A/C wasn't nearly the icebox my wife's old 530i was, we did not count on the higher seating position and the sun baking our laps/legs the whole dang time! I started researching tint and tinted windshields. I am just VERY leery of doing the windshield and obscuring the clarity or dorking up city safety, etc. If I were to do the windshield it would be with a high end "clear" ceramic tint like Huper Optik, etc. as even these supposedly offer a lot of heat rejection. Minimally, yesterday's temps confirmed we will be getting the front door windows tinted!

1 - 20 of 611 Posts