SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner, first post and just wanted to say hi. Actually pick up my car this Saturday. First drove the car last Saturday and started doing research immediately and found swedespeed. Awesome forum, I've really enjoyed the information, been reading stuff everyday.

Buying an Electric Silver R Design with convenience, vision, climate with HUD on 22 wheels. Really excited about the car....hope to enjoy it for many years. So far it looks like my first concern will be the low battery issue. Test drove the car Saturday...no warnings. Finalized the deal on Monday and while looking at the car again it had the low battery warning. Pointed this out to the sales manager and told him I expect that to be resolved when I arrive at the dealership this Saturday. Keeping fingers crossed!! Build date is 10/15 and I have asked for all software updates before I pick up the car.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hopefully my attempt to post a pic will be successful. Picked up my new XC 90 today. Definitely a sweet ride and can't wait to put some miles on it. We traded in a Cadillac SRX and with the 22" rims, this is a really firm ride but really feels planted to the road. This pic was taken from the dealer website...hope to get some more taken this weekend.

Registered
Electric Silver, dont see that too often :thumbup: I had a silver S40 and I thought the color looked great, I can't wait to see a Silver XC90 in person. Great pic, enjoy!:beer:

Registered
Hopefully my attempt to post a pic will be successful. Picked up my new XC 90 today. Definitely a sweet ride and can't wait to put some miles on it. We traded in a Cadillac SRX and with the 22" rims, this is a really firm ride but really feels planted to the road. This pic was taken from the dealer website...hope to get some more taken this weekend.
Congrats on the new ride! It's just like the one I am planning on getting in a few months.

Sent from my iPhone

Premium Member
Congratulations, that R-Design surely looks great in silver and like hfwilkesjr, I can't wait to see one live!

Registered
After spending 2 hours this morning hand washing my Onyx Black Inscription, silver is looking better and better every day.
Yeah, I hope I don't regret ordering Ember Black, from a cleanliness POV..

Super Moderator
Congratulations!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wife fell in love with the interior of the R...which actually surprised me a little. The sporty appearance pkg was always my choice. Our dealer had three R-Designs in stock. Had a choice of Bursting Blue, Osmium Gray or Electric Silver. The Electric Silver color falls between the gray and bright silver and since it is an R exclusive color that helped seal the deal. The wheels are awesome but I probably would have been just as happy with the 20s, especially since the tires cost $600! I never buy add on warranties but with this wheel/tire pkg we opted for the protection package.

Registered
Very nice....congrats and enjoy the new wheels and the SS forum.....she is very pretty!!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That XC looks great in that color, the wheels set it off too! Did you purchase it from Volvo of Memphis?
Thanks rolex80. Yes, bought it from Volvo of Memphis. They were really good to work with...no complaints.

Registered
I picked up my T8 Saturday. Drove back a good share of the way in city traffic in wet weather and only got 17 mpg.
I charged my vehicle at home last night and 18 miles showed as electric range this afternoon.
We ate at a restaurant (14 miles range) and then stopped at a grocery store where
they had free charging, after we shopped the electric range was back at 18 miles.
Drove home where the range showed 14 miles and started the charging process.

The default sound sytem is better than the default sound system in my 2009 THH.

The accelerator pedal and brakes require a light touch, but maybe, I will adapt.

Registered
Wgmc,
I saw it on their website and thought about how it wouldn't be there long because it looked so beautiful with those wheels and color. We're from Paducah Ky about three hours away and special ordered one from that same dealership! They were great to deal with and had a great looking dealership to boot. I really hope you enjoy yours half as much as we love our loaded Inscription, it's such a joy to drive!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts