SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an s60 T60 inscription and I am absolutely loving. I came from a 2018 Audi A4 which was a fantastic car unfortunately I got hit and the car was totaled. So far I do like the S60 better but had a couple of questions coming from the Audi.

• The Harman/Kardon does not sound as good as the B&O system that was in the Audi which I think is just an EQ issue, does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of the slightly muddy sound of the system?

• In my A4 I could default to dynamic mode, is there a way to choose a default mode in the sensus system. I thought to create an individual drive mode and linking my profile to the key would do it but no luck

• there are only two options I don't have on the car that seem to be completely software based. In my Audi, I had features that I could unlock using OBDEleven and a smartphone app, I was able to activate auto headlights and Lane Keep through this method. On the Volvo I was hoping to activate Self-Park & Polestar using this method however unlike BMW, Audi, VW I can't seem to figure out if there is a relatively easy way to activate these features

Looking forward to talking with all of you and glad to be a part of the Volvo family!

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I just bought an s60 T60 inscription and I am absolutely loving. I came from a 2018 Audi A4 which was a fantastic car unfortunately I got hit and the car was totaled. So far I do like the S60 better but had a couple of questions coming from the Audi.

• The Harman/Kardon does not sound as good as the B&O system that was in the Audi which I think is just an EQ issue, does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of the slightly muddy sound of the system?

• In my A4 I could default to dynamic mode, is there a way to choose a default mode in the sensus system. I thought to create an individual drive mode and linking my profile to the key would do it but no luck

• there are only two options I don't have on the car that seem to be completely software based. In my Audi, I had features that I could unlock using OBDEleven and a smartphone app, I was able to activate auto headlights and Lane Keep through this method. On the Volvo I was hoping to activate Self-Park & Polestar using this method however unlike BMW, Audi, VW I can't seem to figure out if there is a relatively easy way to activate these features

Looking forward to talking with all of you and glad to be a part of the Volvo family!
Welcome, I love my S60!!!

In the S60 you can save Dynamic mode to your individual drive settings and then, first thing, switch to it. Press, scroll, press and you’re there! The screen will go away as soon as you switch to reverse.

I have my eq set to where I have the deep bass and the subwoofer cranked up a bit, mid bass slightly attenuated, and the highs boosted mostly because I’ve lost a bit of my high frequency hearing over the years of being in the music business. Seat optimization on Driver and no surround sound. Try to use the best quality source you can.

I don’t understand your third question.

Enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts

Welcome! You won't be able to to default to Dynamic mode. There is no way. Each time you turn the car off, the next time you turn it on-the car will default to comfort mode and dynamic will have to be selected through the drive mode selector next to the gear shift lever. That will happen even if you set up a driver profile. I know, very annoying.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I don't find it muddy, although you are coming from the Audi B&O which is probably a better system more on par with the B&W option on the S60. The H/K is quite alright though. Not in the car but here are my basic settings: Swipe down on the Sensus go to the settings/sound experience and crank the "subwoofer" all the way up or 1 notch down. bring the "bass" slider up near the top. For the surround I have that set at half way, position set to all, driver's sounds strange to me. Then go back home and swipe right and go to "other" sound menu, adjust your equalizer, I have the low 100hz most of the way up, 300hz brought up a bit, similar on the highs as well, in the classic sort of "smile" pattern, as the system can handle the lows, its just too flat as it comes. At this point the radio sources should sound decent. I mostly listen to spotify, to match the radio sources I use the equalizer in the app and punch the lows up a little bit so its consistent. That's just my personal taste of course.

No can't be done. You can add an individual mode as mentioned, that is linked to your profile, and set the specific settings in that, which will then add an option to the drive mode menu. It will always default to comfort on start up. This is how Volvo can justify testing the EPA MPG in comfort mode.

I'm new to Volvo too, it does not look like there is a solution to coding like VAGCOM and what have you on the latest Volvos (looks like there is a "VIDA" solution for older ones). You're stuck with the settings they give you, at least you can open and close the windows with the key which you always have to code into a VAG product ;-)

I don't think those things are simple coding change, think of the Polestar like an APR tune, it has to be programmed in, and Volvo gets $1275 retail for that, can do at the dealer. Volvo does have accessory options to add the park assist and the pilot assist. The details are cagey as some cars need parts like additional sensors added which need to be installed and drive up the cost. Best to talk to your dealer and see if they can sort what you need and the cost.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't find it muddy, although you are coming from the Audi B&O which is probably a better system more on par with the B&W option on the S60. The H/K is quite alright though. Not in the car but here are my basic settings: Swipe down on the Sensus go to the settings/sound experience and crank the "subwoofer" all the way up or 1 notch down. bring the "bass" slider up near the top. For the surround I have that set at half way, position set to all, driver's sounds strange to me. Then go back home and swipe right and go to "other" sound menu, adjust your equalizer, I have the low 100hz most of the way up, 300hz brought up a bit, similar on the highs as well, in the classic sort of "smile" pattern, as the system can handle the lows, its just too flat as it comes. At this point the radio sources should sound decent. I mostly listen to spotify, to match the radio sources I use the equalizer in the app and punch the lows up a little bit so its consistent. That's just my personal taste of course.

No can't be done. You can add an individual mode as mentioned, that is linked to your profile, and set the specific settings in that, which will then add an option to the drive mode menu. It will always default to comfort on start up. This is how Volvo can justify testing the EPA MPG in comfort mode.

I'm new to Volvo too, it does not look like there is a solution to coding like VAGCOM and what have you on the latest Volvos (looks like there is a "VIDA" solution for older ones). You're stuck with the settings they give you, at least you can open and close the windows with the key which you always have to code into a VAG product ;-)

I don't think those things are simple coding change, think of the Polestar like an APR tune, it has to be programmed in, and Volvo gets $1275 retail for that, can do at the dealer. Volvo does have accessory options to add the park assist and the pilot assist. The details are cagey as some cars need parts like additional sensors added which need to be installed and drive up the cost. Best to talk to your dealer and see if they can sort what you need and the cost.
Thanks for all the info! The H/K system is the same price range as the A4 B&O system which is $800. I'm messing around with the EQ a bit to get the clarity without sibilance I'm getting closer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts