SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to my local dealership today to grab a quart of trans fluid. Was surprised to see they are no longer using the Volvo branded fluid.
Instead they are now using Bardahl fluid. Don't remember ever seeing anyone post about it so figured i would share the info.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Looks like it meets Toyota T-IV so should be fine. I use the Mobil 3309 or Toyota IV. Toyota is usually cheaper at about $5 a quart

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like it meets Toyota T-IV so should be fine. I use the Mobil 3309 or Toyota IV. Toyota is usually cheaper at about $5 a quart
This and the fact it meets the Nissan requirements which also uses basically the same transmission as our cars.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
This must be called something different in the US. Everything i found using google is a Canadian retailer.
Motomaster is the in-house brand for Canadian Tire. I'm guessing the Pennzoil fluid would be the same thing in the US.

Regardless, this is a good find as it confirms that other options aside from Mobil 3309 or Toyota TIV are okay to use. I believe JRL also mentioned that his dealership uses Valvoline Max Life ATF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts