SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I have a new/opened Sirius Satellite tuner module KIT for 2008+ XC70/V70 that I bought new. I have all the parts and original packaging. The part number for the kit is 31316199, the tuner module part# is 30737800 (part of the kit). I bought this module thinking it would work with my 2009 XC70, went to the dealer, they installed it ($120), then called me to say they couldn't update the software on my car to accept this. They called the Volvo Tech line and found out that this module is for a different XC chassis and not for mine and that I needed a different module kit. I got home yesterday and just removed it myself because it is so easy. My loss is your gain. Just call your dealer, give them your VIN and this kit number and ask them if it will work with your vin/car.

PLEASE NOTE: your car must have the SAT wire prep already (wires in trunk if you have it). Again, call your dealer, give them your VIN and ask if you have SAT prep if you are unsure.

Lastly, I will email/mail the buyer instructions for how to mount this in your trunk. (it is very easy, I did it and I don't even change my own oil). If you can do this step and plug it in yourself, then all you have to pay the dealer for is the software update to your radio, saving you a good amount.

This kit retails for $325, first $120+shipping to your location gets it. Unit was originally purchased from Power Volvo of Irvine.
You'll note in the picture that one step of the install is already done because the satellite module is already attached to the mounting bracket. (pics available, just let me know)

THanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Follow up on old post about OEM Sirius

Hello All,
I have a new/opened Sirius Satellite tuner module KIT for 2008+ XC70/V70 that I bought new. I have all the parts and original packaging. The part number for the kit is 31316199, the tuner module part# is 30737800 (part of the kit). I bought this module thinking it would work with my 2009 XC70, went to the dealer, they installed it ($120), then called me to say they couldn't update the software on my car to accept this. They called the Volvo Tech line and found out that this module is for a different XC chassis and not for mine and that I needed a different module kit. I got home yesterday and just removed it myself because it is so easy. My loss is your gain. Just call your dealer, give them your VIN and this kit number and ask them if it will work with your vin/car.
Is this still available?

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts