SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks!!

Do you have any information about this new models or spy photos??

XC30 (not XC20) will be the name of the new car smaller than XC40

C40 I hope would be the name of the all new Coupé

And the facelift of the XC60

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
You know more than me. :) Two models below XC40 seems redundant. Smaller models will sell better but profit is lower. A cross country C40CC (aka GLA level) would be good enough to me.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
696 Posts
- There is a new small car based on the CMA platform (XC40, polestar 2, Lynk&Co) which will be shown next year. It will be a EV only car produced at the belgium plan. Project code V317. Will it be a coupe SUV XC50?, a wagon variant of the polestar 2?

- An even smaller EV (XC20?) as been announced by Volvo cars CEO last month. It will based on the "sustainable experience architecture" developed by the Geely group and presented last month at the Beijing auto show.
It is an EV only platform divided in two sub modules: PMA1 for the smaller cars, PMA2 for the larger ones as the Lotus SUV or the Lynk&Co concept zero. As opposed to Volvo-Polestar SPA2, this platform is EV only and apparently based on a chinese suppliers only business model.

- As for a XC60 facelift. Will the plug-in T8 and T6 get the same upgraded battery pack as the european 2021 Lynk&Co 01? 17,6kwh vs 11,6kwh

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
I am curious how 17.6kwh battery is packed in Lynkco 01 too. But Volvo won't let XC60 or XC40 PHEV get it before XC90 T8. So have to wait for SPA2 to find out.

·
Registered
78 Posts
https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...all-new-c40-in-2021-xc100-in-2023-141567.html "Automotive News heard from Volvo dealers that the C40 will be a coupe-styled sibling of the XC40, though that sounds a little curious. The last time the Swedish manufacturer offered a C was in 2013, the final year of the C30 compact hatchback with three doors and Ford Focus Mk. 2 underpinnings." I read somewhere else that the C40 will be electric only.

I saw a video about an XC30, but it was supposed to be a replacement for the V40. He was just speculating about the name. The only factual cars I know of are something smaller than the 40 (I believe that XC20, which the press has been using, is a speculative name) and an electric 40 coupe. But a high rider, something like a BMW X4.

·
Registered
6,435 Posts
I am curious how 17.6kwh battery is packed in Lynkco 01 too. But Volvo won't let XC60 or XC40 PHEV get it before XC90 T8. So have to wait for SPA2 to find out.

Got answer on instagram. It is still inside the central tunnel. So the battery density is much higher. Another wish for current models to get it. :)

gotouch906
@lynkco How the 17.6kwh battery is stored in the car? All inside center tunnel or some are in trunk floor?
16h

lynkco
Verified
@gotouch906 The battery is placed centrally in the tunnel of the car ⚡
8h

1 - 6 of 6 Posts