SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I'm currently the proud owner of a Turbo Mustang Cobra. Late last year, my mother bought a V70R. I didn't think much of it until I drove it. Then I did some reading on it. I'm now a true Volvo fan. No offense, but STi's and Evo's just don't do it for me.

I graduate College next year and am hoping to get into an S60R. I'm here to learn more about them before I (hopefully) get one.

My plans are to invest into getting a little more power out of it, then concentrating on cleaning up the exterior image of the car (clearing the headlights, debaging, so-on). I'm a HUGE proponent of interior modifications and in this specific case, I'm skeptical about touching the suspension. I'm curious to see if it has been done while still maintaining the performance and integrity of the traction control system. I guess that's one more thing I'm here to learn about!

So, I hope to learn much in the near future. I can't wait to see the ideas and facts from real world experience.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: New Member! (gdill2)

Thanks for the welcome and link.

Checked out ipd and EVOLVE... and WOW, modding a volvo gets pricey. At any rate, nobody seems to offer an aftermarket intercooler, turbo, or engine hardware. Am I to assume such factory components are already strong enough? This is not to say I want to get that wild. I'm just interested to see the extent in which these cars have been researched. I would be interested to install a slightly higher volume intercooler and slightly increase the boost on the stock turbo (maybe using a manual bleeder valve). Is such work viable?

I'm still scared to touch the suspension on an R.

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: New Member! (SVTHorsnake)

The S60R is supported fully by the world-wide aftermarket in all areas.

In Sweden alone are firms dedicated to making this Volvo hot.

Even the "cheapest" upgrade could be big bucks in USA dollars.

George Dill

·
Banned
2,597 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SVTHorsnake »
Thanks for the welcome and link.

Checked out ipd and EVOLVE... and WOW, modding a volvo gets pricey. At any rate, nobody seems to offer an aftermarket intercooler, turbo, or engine hardware. Am I to assume such factory components are already strong enough? This is not to say I want to get that wild. I'm just interested to see the extent in which these cars have been researched. I would be interested to install a slightly higher volume intercooler and slightly increase the boost on the stock turbo (maybe using a manual bleeder valve). Is such work viable?

Hello, We built a stage III kit, but it cost too much for the Volvo market.

Read about it here: http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=37145

We have one complete kit left in stock that we'll let go for $10K. Original retail on it was $15K.

ECU upgrade, dp and catback will get you 350-365 hp and our track spec anti sway bar kit will significantly improve the handling feel and response.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SVTHorsnake »

It only gets better with a set of springs and some sways.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Also nice Cobra. What's the Special Vehicle Team?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts