1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I'm Mike, 27 years old, cars enthusiast and volvo addicted :rolleyes:

Currently I have three of them in my garage:

06 S60R 6 speed manual transmission Titanium grey with Atacama interior, my daily drive :)

95' 850 T-5R M56 and some mods, the never ending project car :D

91' 240 Super Polar. This one has been my first own car, I have bought it in a very bad shape when I was 18. Over the years I did a lot of work and mods on it and now it is a very reliable and comfortable wagon. Surely not the faster car but probably the one I most enjoyed, especially in the snow :D

That's all, have a good day on your swedish beasts guys

Bye Mike

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice collection of volvos you got. did you just buy the R or have you had it and just now joined the forum?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,738 Posts
Great collection! Welcome to the paRty!

·
Registered
174 Posts
95' 850 T-5R M56 and some mods, the never ending project car :D

Nice; thanks for sharing.

I care much more about how things work than how they look. But...

I so rarely ever see a green R. One of the things I like so much about the color is the way the plastic body moldings (and rubber window trim) blend in with the green -- the color is different but the darkness is the same. So I'd almost be willing to apply some goop (I've long used some old silicone-based Clear Guard) to them for you myself, just to see that look...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum! Nice collection of volvos you got. did you just buy the R or have you had it and just now joined the forum?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Thanks! I have bought my S60R in 2009 with 16k km on it (10k miles). Today It has 120k km (75k miles). A couple years ago I had to replace the collar sleeve because it became FWD and recently I have some trouble with the front 4C shocks, probably I will have to replace them soon.. Other than that it's a nice sedan :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice; thanks for sharing.

I care much more about how things work than how they look. But...

I so rarely ever see a green R. One of the things I like so much about the color is the way the plastic body moldings (and rubber window trim) blend in with the green -- the color is different but the darkness is the same. So I'd almost be willing to apply some goop (I've long used some old silicone-based Clear Guard) to them for you myself, just to see that look...
You are right, the plastic trims over the years are turned light grey and they don't look very good. I will try some product on them :). To be honest the entire car would need a paint job and some brand new plastic trims. From 3-4 meters it looks ok but it's still a 20 years old wagon with over 220k miles on it :D

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome Mike, whereabouts are you in Switzerland?

You R color combo is gorgeous (never managed to find one with titanium grey + manual)

I'm based in Rumlang, near Zurich, also have an 07R M66 and 100k km with a few goodies.

Also have a 96 850R (Restoration project) and a 06 XC90 V8.

Cheers,
Manuel

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome Mike, whereabouts are you in Switzerland?

You R color combo is gorgeous (never managed to find one with titanium grey + manual)

I'm based in Rumlang, near Zurich, also have an 07R M66 and 100k km with a few goodies.

Also have a 96 850R (Restoration project) and a 06 XC90 V8.

Cheers,
Manuel
Hi Manuel! I'm from Tessin :)

What a nice collection of volvos you have, my 850 T-5R is a project too. It needs a lot of work but they are great cars, very enjoyable to drive around :thumbup:.. What color, year is your?

Bye, Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts