SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I own a 1998 Volvo C70. If you can believe it more than two wheels are bent and need to be replaced. I am looking at tirerack.com for product. Looking for recommendations on the best route to go. I live in a city with many a pothole so I need something that can survive. Here is what I currently have: 235/45R17 97V ........Thanks...Paul

·
Banned
418 Posts
According to this website you already have larger tires than stock. Either the roads are really bad or the current rims are prone to bending. I also recommend 4 to 6PSI greater than the recommended pressure. If Volvo recommends 36PSI then go to 40PSI if the MAX is 44PSI.

Check them in the morning without driving too far from home.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was going to say I bought my volvo with way to big of tires on it 245-55-17 the proper size is supposed to be 225-35-17, I run continental dws on mine a lot of people say they are great, I live in a place with a lot of potholes too make sure you get something with a fair amount of side wall, it will help cushion the blow from the potholes.

Also if you do suspension work I used sachs struts and shocks Meyle control arms, Meyle HD sway bar end links and inner and outer control arms and honestly my ride is so freaking stiff it's nice but for where I live it feels as though I'm on a wooden roller coaster.

I've been told bc racing coilovers work really well with our cars just not sure yet, haven't dropped a grand to buy the kit lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts