SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just to say hello and that iv joined tonight after staying in the sidelines for a while...
Im currently driving a V70 Classic 2.0t and had an 850 estate before that....So iv a bit of a soft spot for the big bricks.....

Now my question.....Im in the market for a car and its going to be another V70 but iv a few in mind and id like a little insight into the should and should not camp.....

The car that iv been looking it is a 2003 2.5 T5 AWD Auto.......200,000 miles on the clock and fully loaded...TV,Sat Nav, Child Booster seats, Phone, 4x4,CD, Leather,Electric heated seats, well you know the story...
It has a full service history and has the belt and water pump done also.....New front suspension parts as well....

As i live in Ireland it has a current NCT up to 2014 which is also a bonus....The tax is just out but thats only a small issue...

Now is there anything that i need to be aware of....Its a car id really like....But the only issue that i can see is the Mileage....I suppose that the service history should answer that...

Would it be worth buying with those kind of miles.....I know that if looked after well Volvo's can run forever.....

Anyway sorry for the long winded first post but its the best place to get the best advice i reckon.

Thanks,
Mike.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Welcome to SS Mike !

200 K is very high for P2 but not if it is maintained :) I d check the Transmission and the Angle gear first ... those are the major weakest point of the car. Good luck

Kindest,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to SS Mike !

200 K is very high for P2 but not if it is maintained :) I d check the Transmission and the Angle gear first ... those are the major weakest point of the car. Good luck

Kindest,

Thanks for the reply Pal....I was beginning to think that i'd done something out of the way.:D.....

Just out of interest....Is there a huge MPG difference between the 2.5 and the 2.0 engines.....
Petrol here in Ireland aint the cheapest at nearly 1.70 euro a litre:eek::eek:...

And i want another V70 as my last has been super reliable and im pretty familiar with the Mechanicals....

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
200k is high but since you have owned volvos before you know what maintenance costs are like so you know what to expect! Also, I cannot really comment on the fuel economy of the 2.0 as we dont have that engine as an option in the US, but the T5's are fast and fun with okay mileage!

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
They don't make a 2.5T T5 AWD

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks for the reply Pal....I was beginning to think that i'd done something out of the way.:D.....

Just out of interest....Is there a huge MPG difference between the 2.5 and the 2.0 engines.....
Petrol here in Ireland aint the cheapest at nearly 1.70 euro a litre:eek::eek:...

And i want another V70 as my last has been super reliable and im pretty familiar with the Mechanicals....
Mine is B5234 T3 engine, getting an average of 25 MPG (75% highway/ 25% city)
Price here in Delaware is at the lowest (thus season) at 3.39/ Gallon

Kindest,

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Welcome to SS Mike!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts