SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

New Member here. As I am new to Volvo and this forum I am a member over at clublexus and bimmerfest. So my wife has had a toyota highlander hybrid for the last 3 years and it has been amazing but it has 120,000 miles now and thought it was time to replace it with something new as she has never had a brand new car before. We also go up to the mountains to snowboard a lot during winter so I needed AWD or 4wd. We drove the Infiniti qx60 Toyota 4runner limited among others.

I have been following this car for a while now and we looked at one about 4 months ago and knew it would probably be too expensive, or more than I wanted to spend. Anyway when she drove this car she fell in love and the rest is history. I knew I wanted to lease cause I always lease and knew I didn't want this car out of warranty. Its funny cause I have never considered a Volvo but when I saw this thing I instantly fell in love.

So I know most of these are going for sticker but here was we got. T6 Inscription with vision, convenience, Bowers & Wilkins, climate, Air suspension, Hud, and the booster seat. I was able to get $2,000 off of sticker because it was a demo with 2,000 miles I also saw that when I built the same car on Volvo's website it was about $1,000 more then the sticker of our car. I think Volvo price adjusted after the first build. So my thought was I basically got a demo at $3,000 off sticker. I also looked at all of the cars coming to a few local dealers by me and none of them were equipped how we would have wanted. Is there any issue with owning a demo? I personally don't care because its a lease and its under warranty but just wanted to get your guys thoughts on that. Maybe earlier build dates had quality control issues or something I don't know about.

Thoughts on the car: We absolutely love it, drives great, feels great everything feels really good on it. A couple of little things I don't like. Center armrest is really hard with no padding, (I know really lame complaint). I also really do not like how it always turns Auto stop/start on everytime I turn the car off. Why would it not remember that I don't want it on and leave it off? I know it is easy to turn off but still. I have been reading a lot of posts here and am experiencing some of the same issues as other users.
1. with certain bass frequencies the drivers door rattles like crazy and sounds horrible.
2. sometimes when I open the car door multiple time the infotainment screen turns on for some reason.
3. sometimes my menu button on the steering wheel works and sometimes it doesn't.
4. Sometimes in between gauges will display media that is currently playing and sometimes it doesn't.

I know these are what seem to be all software issues and I hope they can be cleaned up with an update coming in November so I am not to worried about it. Overall love the car and really happy with this thing (Oh yeah so is my wife):D I did put a wrench in the glove box just in case something weird happens so I can disconnect the negative terminal to the battery. Where is that battery by the way? Looked in trunk area and couldn't find it.

Let me know your thoughts or ideas on our new car!

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds like a bargain dude! Well done.

I've not got any of the bugs you mention but hopefully the software update fixes it for you.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
There are two batteries in the car. The primary battery is in the very back of the car in a compartment on the far left (driver's) side if you have the hatchback open. There is an easy to remove cover. There is a secondary battery used for the engine stop feature in the engine compartment on the drivers side under a cover.

All of the issues you report have been reported by others and are known issues. There is no confirmation from Volvo whether any of them are addressed in the upcoming software revision. We can hope.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Sounds like a bargain dude! Well done.

I've not got any of the bugs you mention but hopefully the software update fixes it for you.

I would be surprised if you don't have at least some of them and just haven't encountered them yet. I have yet to see anyone who has tried to duplicate the radio coming on issue in the proper sequence and not report having it.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
For #3 and #4 there are settings and actions that influence these though people have reported related glitches.

The menu button won't work if there is a message up on the dash. For me this is usually a text message. Once I close it the menu works.

For the current media display, you can set it to always display or it just pops up when a song changes but I think there's an issue with that function competing with the nav display in the dash.

·
Registered
361 Posts
My wife bought a 2013 XC60 demo and it was great. Traded it for a 2015.5 XC60 and got most of her money back out of it. Congrats on your new one. You'll love it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I think going with the demo was a good call. In my mind, they should give you about a $1 per mile off, and it sound like that's exactly what they did.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For #3 and #4 there are settings and actions that influence these though people have reported related glitches.

The menu button won't work if there is a message up on the dash. For me this is usually a text message. Once I close it the menu works.

For the current media display, you can set it to always display or it just pops up when a song changes but I think there's an issue with that function competing with the nav display in the dash.
Ok this is so funny that you say that because when it wasn't working there was a message on my dash saying "Child lock was enabled" or something like that. Which brings up another question why when I push the child lock button does that message stay up there for so long?

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Ok this is so funny that you say that because when it wasn't working there was a message on my dash saying "Child lock was enabled" or something like that. Which brings up another question why when I push the child lock button does that message stay up there for so long?
If its the one I'm thinking of you're talking about, you have to press the center/enter button on the right side of the steering wheel to clear that message. You can make it appear by pressing the child door/window lock button on the drivers arm rest and then to make it go away just press that center enter button on the right of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If its the one I'm thinking of you're talking about, you have to press the center/enter button on the right side of the steering wheel to clear that message. You can make it appear by pressing the child door/window lock button on the drivers arm rest and then to make it go away just press that center enter button on the right of the steering wheel.
Awesome thank you! So many little things to know about in this car.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here is another thing i figured out in the car. Most of you guys probably already know but. So my wife pulled into the driveway yesterday and only 1 foglight was working. "I was like really" but after reading the manual I found out that when pulling into a spot or a driveway the foglight will illuminate on the side that you are pulling into.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Here is another thing i figured out in the car. Most of you guys probably already know but. So my wife pulled into the driveway yesterday and only 1 foglight was working. "I was like really" but after reading the manual I found out that when pulling into a spot or a driveway the foglight will illuminate on the side that you are pulling into.
Yeah, the vehicle has cornering lamps (which are in or are the actual fog lamps) and come on when you turn the wheel left or right below certain speeds. Also, when you go into reverse, it illuminates both fog lamps even if off for more all around illumination.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So just tinted the front windows at 15% to match the privacy glass. I think it came out great! Matches pretty good.

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
673 Posts
So just tinted the front windows at 15% to match the privacy glass. I think it came out great! Matches pretty good.
That looks awesome! I wish it was legal to do that here, but I'd be pulled over all the time if my windows looked like that.

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
I did mine 15% in the front as well, matches perfectly IMO. Quite glad I did it early on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That looks awesome! I wish it was legal to do that here, but I'd be pulled over all the time if my windows looked like that.
yeah well it isn't legal here in California either but to me it is worth the risk of a fix it ticket because it looks so much better then everything tinted and clear front windows. Plus my brother is a Sheriff so he can sign off any tickets!:D

I took off the front license plate as well and that looks a lot better too!

I always tint the front windows and on my current car haven't got pulled over yet, knock on wood!!!!!!! I do always roll down the windows when I see a cop though!

[URL="[/URL]

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yeah well it isn't legal here in California either but to me it is worth the risk of a fix it ticket because it looks so much better then everything tinted and clear front windows. Plus my brother is a Sheriff so he can sign off any tickets! :D
That certainly helps. :)

I used to not have a front license plate on my Jeep, but after three tickets, I finally caved.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts