SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A quick intro with some attached questions. After driving our V70R for 10 years (and 170k miles of perfect reliability) we needed to refresh the wagon stable. After looking for awhile, considering a Poleastar but not loving the stiffness of the chassis, we went with a '15 R-Design, 7k miles, Polestar tune, and Certified (7 yrs/100k miles - what a setup!). Miss the 6MT, but that is sadly a broader concern.
Neighbors say we have a fetish - I have no idea what they are talking about...

We are likely the only family in the US that could claim we had three red, Euro performance wagons at one time.....
We decided to keep the V70R, and sell the S4 Avant 6MT, proving the old saying that right car, well maintain and at right price, sells fast. We had 20+ buyers lined up. Ad went up Friday, first guy that looked at car Sat morning at 8.30 put down the cash. Original first buyer (that was scheduled to arrive at 7.30 AM!) later called, told me he overslept, and beg and asked if he could please buy it.

Already did the spare tire modifications http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?227013-2015-V60-RD-Spare-Tire-Installed!&highlight=spare+tire.

Now a few questions:

1. Anybody here install the Rear Seat entertainment package post delivery? I think it's fairly straight forward but does anyone know if the car is prewired for it? Part number 39825250? The installation instructions look pretty daunting... http://accessories.volvocars.com/sv-se/V60/InstallationInstruction/Document/VCC-466430-6/2015
2. The exhaust on the car is very quiet. I have heard the Polestar one and it is wonderful. Is it possible to install a Polestar exhaust on our car? Any other aftermarket exhausts people have warm feelings for?
3. What is the *smallest* wheels you can have on this car? Would like to go with 17" for snow tires. Size and ET etc?
4. TPMS - is there any hidden menu or sim where you can see the actual tire pressures? Anyone know which frequency the TPMS sensors are (to be used for snow tires)?
5. This car has Citysafe. Is it possible to upgrade this to the 15.5 models with pedestrian recognition etc? Modules / software only etc?
6. What is the motor code for the T6 engine? It says B6304T4 on it, but int he service manual it only talk about 6 cyl engines being 90,94, and 95?
7. I realized the spare tire is quite as lot smaller than the standard tires. On the V70R the solution was to always put the spare on the rear and pull a fuse for the Haldex and hence making the car FWD (if you need to drive any kind of distance). Any similar advice for the V60 platform?

For those looking to hardware a radar detector - I read the threads online but there was some confusion around switched power. There is none in the connector for the overhead lights (only low voltage, likely pulsed), but at the sunroof connector there is a good one. Second wire from the left in the picture - blue.

Also - when removing the center lights - just pull the entire unit down - I first tried prying out the inside, clear plastic. Works - but a hell of a lot harder... You can see the black clips in this picture - just pulls right out.

Thank you in advance for any info and advice!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Congrats on the new wagon and I love the color!

~The Polestar exhaust would bolt up but I don't think it would work because of the active Flaps that the exhaust has when in Sport Mode; not sure but you could ask around.
~Pedestrian Safety is included with the Technology Package (along with Cyclist Detection); I have this on my 2015 V60RD.
~17" wheels should fit, just make sure the offset is correct.
~2011-2015 models have TPMS but only a warning light, 2015.5-up will actually tell you the PSI in the tires in the MyCar menu.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
You could probably manually control the Polestar exhaust if you connected a the right kind of switch.

I'm not sure it's economically sensible to do that, though. I'm guessing the OEM Polestar exhaust costs more than the aftermarket alternatives.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
You could probably manually control the Polestar exhaust if you connected a the right kind of switch.

I'm not sure it's economically sensible to do that, though. I'm guessing the OEM Polestar exhaust costs more than the aftermarket alternatives.
Exactly, he's better off getting a KPAX exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats on the new wagon and I love the color!

~The Polestar exhaust would bolt up but I don't think it would work because of the active Flaps that the exhaust has when in Sport Mode; not sure but you could ask around.
~Pedestrian Safety is included with the Technology Package (along with Cyclist Detection); I have this on my 2015 V60RD.
~17" wheels should fit, just make sure the offset is correct.
~2011-2015 models have TPMS but only a warning light, 2015.5-up will actually tell you the PSI in the tires in the MyCar menu.
Thank you!

So can I aftermarket install Pedestrian etc (technology Package)? Or is it a "when built only" kind of option?

Do you happen to know the exact wheel specs? 17 x ?? ET ??

TPMS - bummer.... Makes no sense that you can't see the values!

The active flaps is key part of it, and I was hoping that maybe we already had those pre done as well.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
KPAX is $2k though...
OEM Polestar exhaust isn't going to be any cheaper lol! There's also the Ferrita ($1400) and VIVA in-house ($899-999) as exhaust options; you may want to shop around for the KPAX exhaust, I think the dealer in TX is selling them under $2000.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Thank you!

So can I aftermarket install Pedestrian etc (technology Package)? Or is it a "when built only" kind of option? Sure if you have lots of $$$$ anything is possible; definitely way too many sensors/cameras/software to make this even a viable option.

Do you happen to know the exact wheel specs? 17 x ?? ET ?? 17x7.5 or 17x8 with an ET of 42-45mm should be fine to clear the rotors and calipers; I believe OEM wheels are 55mm. TireRack has options!

TPMS - bummer.... Makes no sense that you can't see the values Yea kind of stinks, my wife's 2016 XC60 reads out the values

The active flaps is key part of it, and I was hoping that maybe we already had those pre done as well.
See Bold

·
Registered
137 Posts
The 17' Sadia wheels my T5 came with are 17" x 8", 5x108 bolt pattern and are 55mm offset

·
Registered
848 Posts
Heico has just released their own "active" exhaust which comes with motors/software/switch to control it...I haven't seen any of the US importers pick it up yet though.

Also, word on the street is that more Polestar branded parts (beyond the chip) are headed our way in the next 12mo or so...whether that will include the exhaust and means to control it or not is an open question.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Also, word on the street is that more Polestar branded parts (beyond the chip) are headed our way in the next 12mo or so...whether that will include the exhaust and means to control it or not is an open question.
I've been hearing grumblings about this from dealers and Volvo Reps for over a year now. I really hope this comes to reality and they offer some type of performance line of upgrade parts like other auto companies do already. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Heico's exhausts aren't usually noticeably louder than the stock non-R-Design exhausts.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OEM Polestar exhaust isn't going to be any cheaper lol! There's also the Ferrita ($1400) and VIVA in-house ($899-999) as exhaust options; you may want to shop around for the KPAX exhaust, I think the dealer in TX is selling them under $2000.
Thank you. I appreciate the info. I listened to the KPAX video and it is likely a bit too loud for our use on this car. Viva may be the right way to go.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for that info. I have gone through so many Tirerack cheap wheels over the years that in the long run I have learned to either buy brand wheels at Tirerack, or go OEM. And for this car I also need to make sure the have right TPMS sensor frequency. Thank you for wheel spec info!

On the Technology package - yeah - I feared that. Was wishfully thinking it was a module or two and software.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Thank you for that info. I have gone through so many Tirerack cheap wheels over the years that in the long run I have learned to either buy brand wheels at Tirerack, or go OEM. And for this car I also need to make sure the have right TPMS sensor frequency. Thank you for wheel spec info!

On the Technology package - yeah - I feared that. Was wishfully thinking it was a module or two and software.
I would find a set of OEM 17x8 or 18x8 wheels for the S60/V60 and you will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Congrats! As a fellow sport wagon guy myself, I really appreciate your fleet! I think you've turned me off to red forever though. :p. Just kidding. Anyone who embraces vibrant colors like you do, has my appreciation. Btw, a year and a half into owning my V60 RD, I still look forward to the next drive. Enjoy!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would find a set of OEM 17x8 or 18x8 wheels for the S60/V60 and you will be fine.
OK - that sounds like a plan. BTW - sounds like we have close to twins. I do not (obviously) have the technology package, and I didn't want the climate package since I use a V1, but otherwise our cars are the same!

·
Registered
13,494 Posts
Congrats on the new to you RD.

Not surprised your Avant sold as quickly as it did.

Passion red is a great color!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts