SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Sweden :)

Well i thought i would show you some pictures of my 2015 V70 D4 with the new 4 cylinder 181hp diesel. I bought it new in June 2015 and have done some things to it and there is more to come hopefully.

So far i have mounted a rear wing, painted mudflaps, 40mm H&R loweringsprings and I have removed the emblems on the back.

Last summer with 18" wheels and not lowered.

Fresh from the carwash a few weeks ago with 16" wheels and not lowered.

If you want to talk to other drivers of V70/XC70II and show pictures of your rides you are welcome to join V70II Owners on facebook :)

·
Super Moderator
3,795 Posts
NICE! Wish V70s and diesels sold well here in the States.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks :) Yeah i guess the T5 and T6 is the most common engines over at the states?

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
Looks nice! Is that a logo on the mudflaps? I saw today FRONT MUDFLAPS on a XC60? What is that? Or was it optical? My XC70 also black, not an easy color but black rules!!

[2011 XC70 D5 Polestar]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks nice! Is that a logo on the mudflaps? I saw today FRONT MUDFLAPS on a XC60? What is that? Or was it optical? My XC70 also black, not an easy color but black rules!!

[2011 XC70 D5 Polestar]
Thanks. Yes i have put the Volvo logo on the mudflaps :) I saw an Volvo 855 that had it so i tried it on mine and i think it looks good. Okey i think you can get mudflaps both front and rear here in Sweden for xc60. Yeah it is not an easy color to maintain in a good condition that's for sure. First black car i have so i have got my hands full trying to keep it looking good.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
That is really nice. Interesting how the last year of these V70s in EU look like S/V60 front ends. I think it goes well with that sized wagon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Polestar soon?

[2011 XC70 D5 Polestar]
No i am pretty happy with the power as it is for now, i will put some money on new wheels and some other stuff first. I also have problem with oil leakage so i want to see how they are going to fix that first before i put more money in to the car. I had it in to fix the leakage a while ago but it started to leak again so its going back to the workshop in a few weeks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I like the wing on the back. Did you do the install yourself? Does it function well in keeping the rear window cleaner of debris? I am located in WA. State, rains quite a lot here in the North West and may be a good item to help keep rear window from gunk build up and dirty road spray. Black car is really beautiful but "is" kind of tough to keep clean.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hm, johnny? Could swear I've seen this car on jagrullar. Kul att folk hittar hit och vice versa :)

I think polestar on the new VEA engines sounds like an absolute waste of money. A thousand dollars for "gear hold" and snappier gear shifts? Doesn't sound like money well spent to me.

And yeah, the 2014+ V70 exterior is really growing on me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the wing on the back. Did you do the install yourself? Does it function well in keeping the rear window cleaner of debris? I am located in WA. State, rains quite a lot here in the North West and may be a good item to help keep rear window from gunk build up and dirty road spray. Black car is really beautiful but "is" kind of tough to keep clean.
Thanks. No i let the volvodealer install it for me, i didnt want to take the "risk" with a new car. I dont think it is so hard to do it by yourself because there are markings on the trunk where to drill the holes. That saying that it would keep the rear window cleaner i think is a lie. I think gets just as dirty as if you wouldnt have it at all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hm, johnny? Could swear I've seen this car on jagrullar. Kul att folk hittar hit och vice versa :)

I think polestar on the new VEA engines sounds like an absolute waste of money. A thousand dollars for "gear hold" and snappier gear shifts? Doesn't sound like money well spent to me.

And yeah, the 2014+ V70 exterior is really growing on me.
Yes that's correct i have a thread on jagrullar.se
Kände att man kunde slänga ut en fot här också ;)

Yeah you dont get a lot of power for the money so to speak. I think i will get 19hp and 40nm or something like that.
And since i got a manual gearbox the "snappier" gearshifts etc. doesn't do me very much.
I am as i said pretty happy with power i got at the moment, it is not a race car it's supposed to run cheap and there is enough power to overtake cars on the highway.
Just have to test in the summer if it does 220 kph as it should :p

·
Registered
739 Posts
Does it function well in keeping the rear window cleaner of debris? I am located in WA. State, rains quite a lot here in the North West and may be a good item to help keep rear window from gunk build up and dirty road spray.
No. Well, if you car is sitting still while it's raining... then yes it'll keep some of the back window dry. But the moment you are out on a wet or slushy road, you get just as much road spray from the rear vacuum that is created while you're cruising down the road.

I like the way it looks though!

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wLdA4a331o

·
Registered
2021 XC60 Inscription Denim Blue, T5, Prancing Moose, AWD, Climate,
1,843 Posts

[2011 XC70 D5 Polestar]
My XC60 has front flaps.

·
Registered
11,936 Posts
Thanks :) Yeah i guess the T5 and T6 is the most common engines over at the states?
On the P3 V70 we only got the 3.2 FWD.
For the P3 XC70 we only got the 3.2 and T6 AWD until very recently when they added the Drive-E T5 FWD and then for 2016 they dropped both the 6-cyl motors for the 2.5L 5-cyl T5. (sad face!)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On the P3 V70 we only got the 3.2 FWD.
For the P3 XC70 we only got the 3.2 and T6 AWD until very recently when they added the Drive-E T5 FWD and then for 2016 they dropped both the 6-cyl motors for the 2.5L 5-cyl T5. (sad face!)
Okey, interesting that you still got the 2.5 5 cyl in the program. Here we only got 4 cyl engines now, except for the 5 cyl diesel but that's going away to.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
The 2,5T that for some reason was introduced in the XC70 in the states, when the 6-cyl was scrapped, has /never/ been fitted to an XC70 in sweden. Both the 2,5T and 2,5FT made it to the V70 for some years but never the XC70, that one only had 5- and 6-cyl engines here. Not sure it ever even got any 4-cyl ones here but I might be wrong.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts