SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I own a 2006 S60R/Auto (110k Miles) which I have owned since 2007. The care has performed well over the years and and has been serviced/repaired as necessary, synthetic oil, wheel bearing replaced, and so on. It's totally stock with no performance modifications whatsoever. I have a couple of questions regarding engine and engine performance. 1. I recently noticed that when driving it around town there is a noticeable hesitation almost like a misfire at low RPM's which is not noticeable when hard on the gas or driving on the highway. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? 2. Do all S60R's suffer from low RPM sluggish performance? I'm assuming that it may be due to Turbo-lag and there may not necessarily be anything wrong with the engine. Thoughts?

Forgive me if these topics have been covered elsewhere, I'm new to the site and not up to speed yet. :)

Thanks,
Martin

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Could be a coil failing. Scan it and see what codes are there. Preferably with VIDA.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
My car did that in comfort mode. Honestly my snabb intake pipe fixed that. But first look at coils and plugs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I would start with the stage 0 stuff. How old are the plugs? You may want to give the MAF a quick cleaning as well if it hasn't been done. When my coils failed, they started to fail only under hard acceleration/boost, and quickly went downhill with an associated Check Engine light and rough running so it doesn't sound quite like that.

Generally anywhere from 1800rpm+ is where the power/torque is. Below that it's like a normally aspirated 2.5L, just enough to get out of its own way. As a result, I usually find myself between 2k-3k rpm in normal driving.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Do all this ^. I haven't had good luck just cleaning my MAF. They're not cheap but they all fail eventually. I'd swing for a new one and probably do a TCV (turbo control valve) at the same time. This are pretty easy things to swap out your self.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Speaking of stage 0, I thought I remember there being a stage 0 list somewhere. Anyone know of a good comprehensive one for the R we can reference?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Speaking of stage 0, I thought I remember there being a stage 0 list somewhere. Anyone know of a good comprehensive one for the R we can reference?
+1 I could never find a very thorough one. I just got my first Volvo last Friday and would love to have a checklist of stuff to check/fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts