SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought my first R after months of searching for the car I wanted:

Love the car so far. Couple quick questions:

1. P2407 code has come up again after resetting once. Comes on just after start up. From what I have read, I should have the dealership check to see if the software has been upgraded, and if yes, look at the connections and leak detection pump? Car has 78k miles so its outside the emissions warranty.

2. Aux in connection in the center console does not work. Tried it with my iPod and no dice - any ideas?

3. Brakes are squealing so going to try and get away with just pads for now. Leaning Hawk HPS at this point. Any input appreciated.

4. Winter wheel/tires. Gonna try and go 17" for smaller tires and it looks like Pegs are my best option even though they are not that strong. I do have a set of Volans on my 240 turbo I could snag.

Long time turbo bricker, always have had turbo RWD Volvos. Had a '98 S70 T5 SE 5spd for a while but hated the fact that it was FWD. If that car was RWD I would own one to this day.

Thanks y'all.

Smith
Milwaukee, WI

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Yes, looks nice and welcome to R ownership.

You have the side skirts and rear valence but no front winglets - were they included or their absence explained?
When I need pads, I'm either going HPS or OEM. The OEM brakes are really strong and work great unless you track it. Don't track it on ceramic pads.
Does the line-in look like it was professionally installed? Did the seller detail the ICE specs?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Do you have hands free Bluetooth?

The aux input in my center console was not working as well. Turned out that it was disconnected and the input was used for my Bluetooth setup.

Cheers!
Ron

·
Registered
844 Posts
Looks like a 06 or 07? Anyway, P2407, same with mine until Volvo did the recall on the fuel pump. Mine is a 2004, so I don't know if this will apply to yours. I am sure if you VIN the car with your dealer, you can see if there are any open recalls. Good luck, nice car!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Just bought my first R after months of searching for the car I wanted:

Love the car so far. Couple quick questions:

1. P2407 code has come up again after resetting once. Comes on just after start up. From what I have read, I should have the dealership check to see if the software has been upgraded, and if yes, look at the connections and leak detection pump? Car has 78k miles so its outside the emissions warranty.

2. Aux in connection in the center console does not work. Tried it with my iPod and no dice - any ideas?

3. Brakes are squealing so going to try and get away with just pads for now. Leaning Hawk HPS at this point. Any input appreciated.

4. Winter wheel/tires. Gonna try and go 17" for smaller tires and it looks like Pegs are my best option even though they are not that strong. I do have a set of Volans on my 240 turbo I could snag.

Long time turbo bricker, always have had turbo RWD Volvos. Had a '98 S70 T5 SE 5spd for a while but hated the fact that it was FWD. If that car was RWD I would own one to this day.

Thanks y'all.

Smith
Milwaukee, WI
Umm...random question but does your car park around Downer Avenue or Summit ever? Because...there's a slight chance given your username, your car history and that roof rack on the 240 in the background that you might be my upstairs neighbor....

Just saying.

·
Premium Member
10,799 Posts
Umm...random question but does your car park around Downer Avenue or Summit ever? Because...there's a slight chance given your username, your car history and that roof rack on the 240 in the background that you might be my upstairs neighbor....

Just saying.
Dam lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Just saying.
Wow, yeah that's me. I live in the apartments right on Webster. Which one of the Volvos do you drive that park around there?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the Hawk pads on my R and it almost completely solved my brake squeal issue. There is still a little every once in a while but I no longer consider suicide when I apply the brakes.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Looks like a 06 or 07? Anyway, P2407, same with mine until Volvo did the recall on the fuel pump. Mine is a 2004, so I don't know if this will apply to yours. I am sure if you VIN the car with your dealer, you can see if there are any open recalls. Good luck, nice car!
'07 ( can tell by turn signal lights and extra al on the turn stalks. aux in, in center console is also giveaway, some '07's had that.)

impressive, finding neighbors on here based on car pics...

OP, nice looking clean ride,don't run the volans in winter, just get some cheap abused pegs and run those. go 17 for sure, the extra rubber on 17's will help some on potholes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, definitely has the dealer installed handsfree set up so I'm banking on that. Possible to put in a splitter and have two inputs to the aux line on the radio?

The front splitters didn't come with the bumper when the previous owner had it replaced. I'll find some sooner or later, but they might not be practical on the roads here in Milwaukee.

Think I am going to try and find a set of beat up 17" pegs and paint them black for winter wheels. Sad I am thinking about this already in June.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Wow, yeah that's me. I live in the apartments right on Webster. Which one of the Volvos do you drive that park around there?
I have a gray newer generation S80. I park in the lot near Associated Bank so my car is rarely on the street though. There are a couple of nice Volvos around including a V70R that parks on Bradford and a newer generation red V70 R-Design that parks on Downer sometimes (though I think they're just at Starbucks). There are also several S80s and XC70s that frequent Starbucks as well. Then there's the white 740 wagon that's around every night (and is now alone after the departure of the gold 740 sedan though I think there's another 740 sort of nearby). I like to keep track of all the Volvos around, haha. I've lost count of the XC90s that are all over Northpoint and Murray Hill.

My roommate was talking about the new S60R in the neighborhood that possibly replaced the 240 so I decided to log on and see if anything was posted in the R forum. Turns out you posted only a couple of hours earlier. Great timing!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Washed and waxed the car this weekend.

Very tempted to spend some money on the car, but I've been spending too much on the 240 lately. I think mods would go in this order: resonator delete (gotta replace the LDP anyway), FMIC, Stage II tune.

Also decided not to drive this car in the winter. I have a nice set of snow tires for the '91 244 manual, and I plan to turbo that car before winter to make it a little more fun.

And my project

1 - 14 of 14 Posts